Administrative Assistant -Augusta
Position Title Administrative Assistant
Job Description Summary
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for front end customer service which includes: answering numerous phone lines, assisting with classroom scheduling and mail.
• Answers telephone and greets visitors; provides information and assistance.
• Assists faculty and staff with the use of office equipment including copiers, scanners, printers, ScanTron machines, fax machines, telephone/voice mail, laminators, etc.
• Coordinate room for EGSC faculty and staff for meetings, classes and exams (coordinating with various units of Augusta University to schedule rooms,etc)
• Processes travel reimbursement requests; makes copies; composes correspondence;
• Maintain testing cabinet, coordinate proctored examinations, coordinate with faculty, staff and students on proctor rules.
• Train and provide direction for student workers
• Maintain faculty schedule, office hours and phone lists
• Maintain state car records (keeping keys, mileage log, gas receipts, servicing of car, etc.)
• Keep up with monthly copier counts (assigning/deleting copier codes, keeping copier count logs, etc.)
• Assists in the management of the division budget.
• Assists with EGSC-Augusta newsletter (collecting information before the deadline, etc.)
• Orders office supplies; manages division equipment needs; oversees the maintenance of office equipment.
• Places work orders as needed.
• Picks up and distributes daily mail.
• Serve on various employee committees as needed or assigned
• Responsible for handling student fees; nightly deposits of the Augusta location.
• Some evening work and travel may be required.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge Required by the Position
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
• Skill in the provision of customer services.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
The Augusta Director – The Director assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include Board of Regents and East Georgia State College policies and procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
Complexity/Scope of Work
• The work consists of related administrative support duties. Frequent interruptions contribute to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to provide administrative support for the college’s Augusta location in this position contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of location operations.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, students, vendors, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to provide services, to give or exchange information, or to resolve problems.
• The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or while standing or walking. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
• The work is typically performed in an office.
Supervisory and Management Responsibility
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
An Associate’s degree is preferred.
Requested Updates/Changes to Position Description Posting Detail Information
Individuals who need reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources at 478-289-2035. Deaf and Hard of Hearing callers may access our campus phone numbers by utilizing your state relay service (such as the Georgia Relay Service) or by utilizing Video Remote Services. East Georgia State College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Tobacco-free Institution, Federal law requires ID and employment eligibility verification prior to employment. Georgia is an Open Records state. East Georgia State College (EGSC) is an associate and baccalaureate degree granting, residential, liberal arts state college of the University System of Georgia, providing its students access to both academically transferable programs of study, collaborative programs in occupation-related fields, and targeted baccalaureate level degrees. East Georgia State College is accredited by the University System of Georgia, providing its students access to academically transferable programs of study, collaborative programs in occupation-related fields, and targeted baccalaureate level degrees. East Georgia State College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate and baccalaureate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of East Georgia State College.
Complete College Georgia
East Georgia State College strives to create and maintain a learning environment maximizing the opportunity for each student to succeed. Each individual student’s academic success is important. Accordingly, every employee of the college has a responsibility to carry out his/her position duties in a manner which enhances the learning environment and communicates that message to students each working day.
This position description describes the specific duties and responsibilities of this position. In addition, each EGSC staff member has the responsibility to contribute as needed to other projects and initiatives to assure that EGSC carries out its mission and attains its vision. This may, from time to time, require active participation on committees or performance of other duties not specifically described in this position description.
Open Date 06/11/2017 Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
An offer of employment is contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with East Georgia State College, as determined by East Georgia State College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials, and if applicable, a satisfactory credit check, Motor Vehicle Record (MVR), physical and drug screening.