This full-time tenure track faculty member must be able to deliver college level education courses with a focus on education courses transferable to four year institutions for admission into a teacher education program. In addition to delivering instruction, the faculty member must be responsible for the ongoing processes of curriculum development and assessment.
Examples of Duties:
- Deliver college level instruction and conduct assigned classes and/or laboratories/internships by preparing and communicating the goals and activities to be involved and enforcing student safety procedures
- Attend training to develop and teach online education courses.
- Prepare class sessions/lessons/activities.
- Develop/revise and provide course syllabus in accord with College and Divisional policies and practices.
- Coordinate laboratory/clinical/internship programs as developed.
- Keep accurate records of student performance and evaluate student progress.
- Communicate effectively in teaching/learning situations both orally and in written form by providing students with assistance, timely feedback, and maintaining office hours and voice/e-mail communications
- Give career and academic advice with referrals to Support Services as needed.
- Accommodate special needs students.
- Develop Curriculum, review/select textbooks and other instructional materials.
- Develop/revise degree/certificate programs.
- Participate in articulation efforts of courses/programs and in course/program review for evaluation purposes.
- Where appropriate, participate in advisory committee efforts, professional growth activities and demonstrate active involvement in professional associations.
- Remain current on research and developing technologies related to assigned specialties.
- Serve on a reasonable number of College Committees to include, but not limited to, committees related to shared governance, College and/or program accreditation, Advisory, Search, Divisional, and other committees as assigned.
- Assist in establishing Divisional/College goals by assisting in assessing new equipment and/or materials.
- Submit verification of student attendance and final grades as requested.
- Attend and participate in a reasonable number of College-sponsored activities including Commencement ceremony.
- Using educational technology as part of innovative program delivery
- Collaborating with university colleagues and faculty in local elementary schools
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education or Early Childhood Education from an accredited university or a closely related in field in education (i.e. Curriculum and Instruction, etc.) required, Doctorate preferred.
- Teaching experience at the college/university level preferred; experience in and/or ability to deliver online instruction desired
- A minimum of 5 years of teaching experience in K-12 settings
- Demonstrated competency using new technologies (such as iPads, Interactive Whiteboards, web-based teaching) to support instruction
- Evidence of collaborative work with K-6 schools
- Professional experience in early childhood education, middle grades education, special education or educational foundations with recent teaching experience and/or administrative experience in the public schools and/or at the college level
- Ability to design and implement successful pedagogical strategies for student exhibiting a broad range of abilities.
- Knowledge of the Praxis Core and the ability to help establish tutorial help for education students in passing the Praxis Core.
- Experience utilizing innovative teaching methods incorporating technology
Women and Minorities Encouraged to Apply
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.