Director of Admissions
The Director of Admissions will maintain a key leadership position within the senior management of the organization and be responsible for the administration and oversight of all daily activities in admissions, including and not limited to recruiting, review, internal and external relations, and administrative support for First Time in College students.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
The ideal candidate will be goal oriented and demonstrate enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced, high-volume environment where hard work, innovation, resourcefulness, and fresh ideas are prized, along with collaboration, teamwork and good humor. Candidates should have exceptional staff and time management skills and a minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in college admissions or related fields. The ideal candidate will be well-organized, comfortable with data and research, able to manage multiple priorities and exhibit grace under pressure. Superior communication skills are expected, as is the ability to utilize current recruitment software and other technology. Experience with SCT Banner, Hobson’s Connect or Technolutions Slate will be a plus. A master’s degree is preferred. Responsibility entails duties related to the administration of enrollment for student-athletes and to ensure compliance with NCAA rules and regulations. Experience with Recruitment software and SCT Banner desirable, as well as Microsoft Office product knowledge. Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administer and coordinate all phases of student recruitment. Supervise admissions staff under the umbrella of Enrollment Management. Plays a critical senior-level leadership role with the Undergraduate Admissions Office and manages a talented staff. He/She will perform statistical analysis as needed for the purposes of research or to help project yield models. This person works closely with parents, students, counselors and school officials, campus partners, academic departments, and external constituents to meet the short and long-term goals of the Office of Admissions. He/she will assist in efforts to recruit a diverse student population. The Director will manage the scholarship process and assist in the awarding of students’ financial aid. The Director of Admissions manages and participates in the strategic planning and implementation of recruitment programs, events and activities, recruitment plans, technology, and office goals that encompass the recruitment of freshmen, international students, music students and underrepresented students and the review of their applications. This person serves on University committees and takes an active role in professional organizations. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, goal-oriented, attentive to detail, well organized, able to manage multiple priorities and work well under pressure. This position at the University entails duties related to the oversight of or responsibility for admission, certification of academic eligibility, and/or administration of financial aid for student-athletes. Stetson University is a member of NCAA Division I and of the Atlantic Sun (A-Sun) Conference, and the Pioneer Football League, and is, therefore, obligated to comply with NCAA and A-Sun rules and regulations. As such, compliance with Atlantic Sun Conference and NCAA rules in performance of these duties is paramount. Violation of these rules may result in disciplinary and/or corrective actions.
- Performs other site and position specific functions as assigned.
- Weekend and evening hours are required.
ROUTINE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hiring, training and evaluating the performance of the Admissions recruiting
- Directs all FTIC recruiting activities for the university.
- Directs all on campus events as well as off campus events as well as those in cooperation with alumni and parent relations offices.
- Ensures timely communication and partners with Director of Operations and Communications to manage all relations and timelines with Marketing department related to marketing materials.
- Develops and manages the budget for admissions.
- Serves as an ex-officio member of the faculty Admissions Committee and coordinates with the VP in advising and assisting that committee in their duties of establishing and implementing undergraduate admissions policy.
- Informs the faculty of developments and trends in the general areas of college admissions in light of their potential effects on the enrollment at Stetson University. Provides academic and demographic profiles on new students. Supports faculty, academic Deans and the Office of Campus Life in the development and implementation of the academic advising program.
- Represents the Admissions office at special functions.
- Develops multi-year recruitment and assists with developing and executing strategic enrollment management plans. Initiates, reviews and recommends to the Vice President all policies and procedures affecting undergraduate admissions after consultation with the faculty, academic Deans and other administrative offices. Implements all officially approved policies of the Office of Admissions.
- The position at the University entails duties related to the oversight of or responsibility for admission, certification of academic eligibility, and/or administration of financial aid for student-athletes. Stetson University is a member of NCAA Division I and of the Atlantic Sun (A-Sun) Conference and is, therefore, obligated to comply with NCAA and A-Sun rules and regulations. As such, compliance with Atlantic Sun Conference and NCAA rules in performance of these duties is paramount. Violation of these rules may result in disciplinary and/or corrective actions.
Apply for Director of Admissions
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly