Administrative Coordinator - Buildings and Grounds
Baruch College is ranked among the region's and nation's top colleges with over 18,000 students; considered one of the most ethnically diverse student bodies in the United States; and is composed of five buildings containing 1.47 million square feet of space and a public plaza. Buildings and Grounds (B&G;) has approximately 138 administrative staff, custodial and trades and falls under the umbrella of Assistant Vice President of Campus Facilities. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Superintendent of Buildings & Grounds as part of Baruch College Campus Facilities, the Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the B&G; front office working with senior management. The B&G; office has 3 to 5 staff composed of HEO levels, COA and part-time College Assistants.
The B&G; office has over $2 million in OTPS; average 150 purchase requisitions; average 12,000 college and 6,000 preventive maintenance work orders; as well as assisting over 28 capital projects with skilled trades.
Additional duties include:
- Assists with the daily operations and administrative aspects of the Buildings and Grounds office.
- Reviews, prioritizes and responds to facility requests submitted through the automated Archibus system, including coordinating building maintenance, service and repairs.
- Maintains and updates all documents and files related to repairs, utilities, permits, maintenance or other facilities related items.
- Implements department policies and procedures.
- Assists with processing the day-to-day payroll activity for the department; monitors and updates various payroll entries and payroll reports; and assists with the development and implementation of payroll practices, policies, and procedures.
- Serves as a point person for all new and existing contracts and requisitions for the Building and Grounds department with the goal of insuring timely and compliant procurement of services and materials.
- Ensures prompt and accurate processing of requisitions, purchase orders and invoices.
- Bachelor's Degree required; at least 1-2 years of related experience in project management, purchasing, payroll and/or other related duties preferred
- Experience with MS applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Archibus and CUNYfirst preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills applicable to a wide variety of audiences
- Ability to work under pressure and restrictive deadlines, in an atmosphere of intense activity
- Self-starter who is able to multi-task and work collaboratively and independently with minimal supervision
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
June 30, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Baruch College
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator - Buildings and Grounds
Job ID: 16817
Full/Part Time: Full-Time