Student Life Coordinator - New and First Year Programming
The New Student Programs Coordinator will report to the Vice President for Student Affairs or her designee. The Coordinator's duties include but are not limited to:
- Serve as a point person for first year students and their families from admission through the completion of their first year
- Organize, facilitate, and evaluate the Family Orientation events
- Coordinate, edit, and publish the New Student Programs Family Newsletter monthly
- Update, and expand the web presence of New Student Programs on the College website and on social media
- Collaborate with other student services areas, faculty, and staff for the purpose of the promotion of first-year student success and retention.
- Assist in targeting and developing programs for students in need of intervention and assistance.
- Provide students with excellent customer service both in-person and electronically.
- Stay current on best practices and innovative practices for orientation and first year student experience, with a focus on community college students.
- Assist with the planning, facilitation, and assessment of the FYE workshops and the orientation program, including outreach, follow up, referring students to appropriate offices and providing accurate information;
- Assist in the creation and development of e-FYE, an online series of workshops;
- Represent the New Student Program and provide assistance with major college-wide events such as commencement, admissions open houses, in-person registration, and retention and persistence outreach and activities.
- Assist in the continuous assessment of current practices and collection and reporting of data as needed
Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience with current higher education practice, theory, and research preferred
- Knowledge of best practices in student success program implementation preferred
- Experience with successful college-wide collaborations and implementation of student programs for a diverse student population preferred
- Must possess strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with attention to detail and proven leadership
- Willingness to work evening hours and weekends as necessary
- Ability to work independently and under general supervision to provide courteous and accurate customer service to all students, visitors and campus community
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (including MS Outlook & Access), Social Media, and Adobe Photoshop a plus.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Assists in preparing and providing student support services to promote the personal development of a diverse student population.
- Assists student organizations/clubs in planning, implementing events and programs, and managing expenditures
- Coordinates and helps present informational and educational programs, such as student leadership training and orientation
- Assists with the management of student affairs facilities, such as acquiring equipment and arranging event logistics
- May assume responsibility for one or more specific student programs
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Student Life Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
access CUNYfirst portal
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Borough of Manhattan CC
Job Title: Student Life Coordinator - New and First Year Programming
Job ID: 16890
Full/Part Time: Full-Time