Continuing Education Coordinator - Instructional Quality (Dept. of Adult & Continuing Education: Yo
The Continuing Education Coordinator - Instructional Quality, reports to the Center Manager and works with part-time teachers on daily administrative tasks associated with instruction, supporting the Center Manager in teacher recruitment, and providing administrative assistance. Additionally, the Coordinator will help the Center Manager ensure that instructors are using vetted and approved curricula, have prepared and provided the Center with lesson plans and student assessments, and that teachers provide timely and accurate grading and feedback to students.
Additional duties include:
- Collecting and tracking information from the Center Manager on teacher performance and student outcomes, as connected with the teacher observations protocol and student assessments
- Assist Center Manager and teachers with researching sources of curricula and course content as well as best practices in instructor skills development
- Schedule instructor evaluation schedules for Senior Teachers
- Assist Center Manager in scheduling meetings with instructors each semester or school year
- Support Center Manager in ensuring that all instructor credentials are up to date
- Assist Center Manager in identifying guest speakers and trainers, as well as outside resources to provide professional development to instructors
- Scheduling and coordinating annual instructor "Back to School" and "Teacher Professional Development Day" events
- Participates in staff training
- Researches and prepares reports, collects data, makes general presentations and maintains confidential records
- Supports instructors with the acquisition and development of learning materials, including web-based content
Bachelor's Degree required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Conducts and coordinates operations within a Continuing Education or related external program.
- Schedules classes and coordinates room scheduling; prepares faculty schedules
- Orders books and materials; maintains materials libraries.
- Assists in preparing and editing course descriptions and catalogue.
- Advises students on schedules, registration, and payment processes.
- Develops information packets and other materials; updates program web sites; coordinates mailings
- Coordinates student-related activities, such as orientations, open houses, and information fairs.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Continuing Education Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application online through this job board as follows:
Go to www.cuny.edu
Select "Apply Now" then create or login to a user account and provide the requested information.
Click on Job Postings on CUNYfirst
Click Search job listings
Click on More search options
Search by Job Opening ID number 16878
Click on the Apply Now button. You will be prompted to log in or to create an account.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must include a cover letter,
CV/resume, and contact information for three references (email and telephone). Please upload these as ONE document in doc, rtf, or pdf format.
Closing Date - June 30, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: York College
Job Title: Continuing Education Coordinator - Instructional Quality (Dept. of Adult & Continuing Education: York College/CUNY)
Job ID: 16878
Full/Part Time: Full-Time