Accounts Payable Specialist
TCS Education System
TCS Education System is currently seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to join the Accounting department.
The Accounts Payable Specialist reports to the Accounts Payable Manager and will be responsible for a range of general accounts payable tasks but will be primarily responsible for all accounting work associated with processing accounts payable.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Sort and distribute incoming mail
- Process 3 way P.O. matching invoices
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Process check requests
- Match invoices to payments, obtain all signatures for checks, and distribute payments accordingly
- 1099 maintenance/Processing
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Prepares batch check runs, wire transfers, p-card transactions, and ACH transactions.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Reconcile Credit Card Accounts Monthly
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Process remittance information from checks, drafts and wire transfers for invoices provided by vendors, reviewing instructions accompanying items to determine proper disposition and crediting accounts in accordance with standard procedures.
- Assist in providing documentation for quarterly Reviews and our annual Audit.
- Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department
- Must have organizational, problem, analytical and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Proficient with Great Plains
- Working knowledge of Ariett
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite, specifically Excel and Word
- Accurate data entry skills
- Able to communicate effectively with team and others within the organization
- Problem-solving - is able to recognize and correct a potential accounting issue quickly and effectively
- Takes ownership of assigned responsibilities
- High School Degree
- 3 years of experience
- Experience in Higher Education preferred, but not required
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About TCS Education System
TCS Education System (TCS) is a nonprofit system of colleges that was launched in 2009 to advance student success and community impact. Currently, the System spans five colleges, campus locations across 12 cities and a community of 21 global academic partners to fulfill the aspirations of nearly 7,000 students. The TCS model provides its colleges with the scale of resources necessary to succeed, including admissions and enrollment operations, finance and accounting, information and learning technology, marketing, strategic planning, compliance and legal services, human resources, and global engagement among other areas of professional expertise. The System was founded on the belief that by sharing administrative resources and allowing colleges to concentrate on providing students with quality, social change-focused education, we can give each member of our community the power to change the world. TCS colleges include The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Pacific Oaks College & Children's School, The Santa Barbara & Ventura Colleges of Law, Dallas Nursing Institute, and Saybrook University.
To learn more, watch our System video and explore our community at www.tcsedsystem.edu.