The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
Los Angeles, CA
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
The Executive Assistant to the Los Angeles Campus provides full and diversified administrative support of a responsible nature to the LA Campus Executive Office. The position requires broad and comprehensive experience, skills and knowledge in executive meeting planning and management. The Executive Assistant serves as a facilitator who coordinates deadlines and other specific tasks and handles them personally or delegates these responsibilities to other personnel for successful completion.
- Manage and maintain the calendars, including drafting and preparing meeting agendas, briefing notes and corresponding materials.
- Manage communication (e.g. email, written correspondence or verbal) with internal and external constituencies.
- Help organize and train student workers
- Develop and edit complex business documents from limited information with or without guidance or input.
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or presentation software.
- Prepare financial statements and reports using Concur Solutions software.
- Receive, review and prioritize incoming mail including faxes, email, memos, submissions, and reports, to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Answer calls and greet visitors and determine whether they should be given access to members in the Executive Offices.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work.
- Prepare agendas, reserve rooms, and order catering for meetings and certain student events.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to possess a professional demeanor and attitude
- Ability to handle work of a confidential or complex nature, necessitating exposure to sensitive information and contacts requiring considerable discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to apply practical knowledge of the practices and procedures of the school and its programs.
- Ability to be proactive, to take initiative and to have a "do what it takes" attitude
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and manage multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to manage professional and interpersonal relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication and comprehension
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Flexible and collaborative working style with the ability to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities
- Proficiency with computers and software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Minimum of 3 years experience work in an executive assistance or management capacity in support of senior level professionals
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.