Adjunct Faculty - Clinical PsyD Department - Xavier University (New Orleans) Campus
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
New Orleans, LA
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology (TCSPP) Clinical PsyD program at Xavier University of Louisiana (XULA) is currently seeking qualified individuals to teach courses in the curriculum beginning in the Fall 2015 Semester. All courses are at the campus of Xavier University of Louisiana in New Orleans' Gert Town neighborhood and follow a 14 week semester schedule.
The TCSPP at XULA clinical PsyD department is seeking qualified Adjunct Faculty to teach in the following areas:
- Psychometrics, Assessment, Testing, and Interviewing
- Developmental Psychology across the life span
- Cognitive Affective Basis of Behavior
The primary responsibility of adjunct faculty members is to teach courses by sharing theoretical and practical knowledge of the subject, and when applicable, encouraging direct application to the workplace within the field of clinical psychology.
All adjunct faculty members at TCSPP at XULA are expected to be available and responsive to students during the course. This "availability" includes:
- Active participation in the discussion forum;
- Timely grading of assignments and providing quality feedback;
- Being available outside of regular class meetings to address student's questions and concerns
Adjuncts will be provided course syllabi with recommended course texts prior to beginning the teaching assignment. Modifications of syllabi are possible with approval of the Department Chair.
- Doctoral degree in clinical psychology, developmental psychology, or experimental psychology depending on the course taught.
- Previous teaching experience (3 years preferred);
- Exemplary professional experience;
- Engagement in research and scholarship (preferred).
- Certain courses require licensure as a psychologist in any US state
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu . Information about the TCSPP at XULA clinical PsyD can be found at www.thechicagoschool.edu/xula.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.