Assistant or Associate Counseling Psychology Faculty Position
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
We are searching for a Core Faculty member at the Assistant or Associate level to join the Counseling Psychology Department at our Chicago Campus. The primary academic appointment for this position is with the masters program in the Counseling Psychology. The position is full-time (12-months).
- Doctorate in Counseling Psychology or Clinical Psychology (e.g., Ph.D./Psy.D.)
- Proven record of excellence in instruction
- Experience with blended and online instruction
- Licensed or license-eligible as a clinical psychologist
- Strong commitment to working as part of a faculty team
- Strong record of curriculum development
- Strong record of research and clinical work desirable
- Experience teaching at the graduate level
- Record of active involvement in professional organizations
- Commitment to issues of social justice and diversity
- Strong commitment to preparing students to become excellent practitioners
Teach 18 credit hours spread throughout the academic year, across the core curriculum and in at least one area of concentration
- Student advisement
- Service to the department, the school, and the community
- Participate in faculty development
- Engage in research, publication, and other scholarly activities
- Perform clinical work or research one day a week if desired.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, CV, teaching philosophy statement, three recommendation letters and copies of publication reprints. Start date August 15, 2017.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.