Saybrook University is seeking an Admissions Counselor to join its enrollment management division in Oakland, California.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Enrollment Management, the Admissions Counselor is responsible for recruiting graduate students for all academic programs. The Admissions Counselor is responsible for all phases of the admission process, from qualifying prospective students, guiding them through the application process and supporting them to enrollment at Saybrook. The successful candidate will be an articulate, organized, results driven, dynamic and enthusiastic leader and team player. This position provides an excellent opportunity for a talented and committed professional whose skills and attitude compliment a dynamic collegial team based in Oakland, CA.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Articulate the mission and value of Saybrook University to prospective graduate students while maintaining superior customer service.
- Achieve performance goals for each term by maintaining targeted conversion metrics at each stage of the admission process on a consistent basis.
- Respond to all new inquiries quickly and maintaining consistent communications with all students throughout the admission process, including a determined number of outbound calls per day to reach prospective students in a timely manner.
- Build relationships with prospective students by conducting telephone based interviews to qualify them on their educational goals and interests, explaining available academic programs, advising them on admission requirements, and ensuring that all admission paperwork is completed properly. This may also include providing more in-depth counseling for undecided students.
- Participate in recruiting events both on-campus and virtually to recruit graduate students. This will include admission interviews, campus visits and tours, open houses, information sessions, etc.
- Maintain student appointment schedule for prospective students and applicants (scheduled & walk-ins) as needed.
- Make recommendations concerning admissions, while appropriately adhering to all policies and procedures.
- Produce accurate applicant and inquiry reports, including forecasts, on a regular basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to represent Saybrook University in a professional manner, recruit, and work within a diverse community, and follow all policies and procedures with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and listening abilities; persuasive and negotiation skills, strong professional writing, public speaking, interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Strong recruitment, sales, and customer service skills combined with a strong work ethic and a goal-oriented, self-motivated approach toward achieving consistent results.
- Ability to act as a team member in a changing environment and support leadership efforts to promote strategic plans.
- Ability to work autonomously and confidentially; able to make independent decisions, as appropriate; ability to set/attain goals, and initiate and follow through with new projects with minimal direction.
- Experience with student information systems and online marketing and recruitment for online programs highly desirable.
- Must be proficient with MS Office suite, customer relationship management systems, and the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- The ability to work evenings and weekends required.
- Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds, move furniture and be able to physically set up rooms for meetings.
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year admissions or sales experience is required.
- Experience with student information systems, database management systems, and online marketing and recruitment experience highly desired
- Valid driver's license
Saybrook University offers a generous compensation and benefits package. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, and multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA),
Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Saybrook University:
Saybrook University was founded over 45 years ago by some of the greatest minds of the 20th century and continues to inspire a new generation of innovators. A non-profit regionally accredited university known for its commitment to humanistic studies and rigorous research, Saybrook University's academic model puts the student at the center of everything we do to provide a unique, transformational, learning experience. Saybrook offers advanced degrees in organizational systems, psychology, mind-body medicine, and counseling, all in flexible learning formats to help students continue to be active contributors to the fields they work in while they advance their education. Saybrook University is proud to be a community of creative, compassionate innovators dedicated to pursing new ways of thinking and doing for our professions, organizations, and communities.
For more information, visit www.saybrook.edu.