DIRECTOR, SPECIAL PROJECTS
Duties: The Director, Special Project will be responsible for working with the Wharton Social Impact Initiative team to develop and implement new projects, beginning with a focus on Philadelphia-based activities. The ideal candidate will have a diverse set of qualifications including experience in: creating and developing programs; social enterprise/social entrepreneurship; urban innovation; inclusive economy strategies.
1) Working with WSII leadership, develop and implement a Philadelphia-based program, with a focus on bringing Wharton expertise and approach to support inclusive economic growth. Manage teams of students in project-based consulting and research activities. This involves: selecting appropriate clients/projects; identifying/hiring students; managing calendars/meeting times; ensuring quality of deliverables.
2) Working with the WSII team, support the development and implementation of other initiatives (including work in impact investing, inclusive economies, corporate strategies for social impact.)
3) Support WSII research activities through: collaborative research activities with faculty; identifying collaborative projects with other Penn centers, alumni, and industry leaders; as subject matter expert, contribute thought leadership to WSII research projects; manage student involvement in projects.
4) Support WSII communication strategy with a variety of written pieces, including but not limited to blogs, student profiles, stewardship reports, and faculty interviews/research reports.
5) Represent WSII with alumni, industry leaders, and students through presentations, conference attendance, SiriusXM111 radio, blogs, and other communication/marketing vehicles.
Qualifications: A Bachelor's Degree and 5-7 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
We are looking for a strong strategic, efficient, and experienced individual to join the highly collaborative WSII team. The ideal candidate will be highly entrepreneurial, able to balance strategic planning with a willingness to 'dig in' and implement. An understanding of and commitment to the role of business in creating positive social impact is essential.
The ideal candidate will have a diverse set of qualifications including experience in: creating and developing programs; subject matter expertise in one of WSII's areas of interest (urban innovation, impact investing, social entrepreneurship); and project management. Flexibility and good humor are essential, as is comfort with working in a large open office.
Experience working with students and in project management necessary; experience working with donors, alumni, and/or other high-profile individuals highly desired.
Reference Number: 07-25944
Salary Grade: 028
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Institute for Social Impact
Job Family: B-Executive/Managerial Administration