CLINICAL RESEARCH ASST B
Duties: The research assistant is a full-time staff member who will support the clinical research program relating to breast and ovarian cancer genetics. S/he will be responsible for entering detailed patient and pedigree data into a database program, filing, preparing data packets for research subjects, handling requests for outside medical records, assisting in subject follow-up via phone and mail, scheduling research subject visits, and administrative support such as scheduling meetings, and creating mailing lists. Candidate must be organized and able to prioritize.
* Prepare data packets for research subjects in preparation for review by genetic counselors
* Complete, organize, and maintain all paper and electronic data.
* Enter data into database system in a careful and timely manner.
* Show vigilance in patient protection, protocol compliance, and data quality.
* Adhere to all University of Pennsylvania, informed consent form (ICF), and IRB guidelines.
This position is contingent upon grant funding.
Qualifications: H.S Diploma or GED and 3 to 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience are required. Clinical/Research or Hospital administrative experience preferred.
Action Oriented; Boss Relationships; Ethics and Values; Integrity and Trust; Interpersonal Savvy; Learning on the Fly; Listening; Organizing; Planning; Priority Setting; Self-Knowledge; Standing Alone; Technical Learning; Time Management
Reference Number: 40-25952
Salary Grade: 024
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Org: CC-Cancer Center
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: 6-Technical Scientific/Statistical