Adjunct Faculty in Operations Management: Jack Welch Management Institute at Strayer University (On
The Jack Welch Management Institute at Strayer University is seeking adjunct faculty members in the area of Operations Management for the Summer term beginning July 3, 2017.
Provides the highest quality education and maintains high standards of academic excellence in teaching assigned courses in discipline. Conducts office hours as assigned.
- Terminal degree (Doctorate Degree) in a business-related field/directly related to Operations/Organizational Management required with experience working in and teaching Operations Management.
Criteria for JWMI include:
- 7-10 years management/leadership experience required in the related field
- A deep Understanding and appreciation of Jack's management philosophy
- The ability to both coach and instruct adult learners in an online environment
- Experience with the adoption of new technology and tools
- The ability to do occasional synchronous work with students
- Commitment to student success
- Maintain smooth course operation and adherence to policies and procedures
- Attend faculty meetings and discipline workshops as required
Participate in early registration activities; retention, early degree completion
- Terminal degree (Doctorate Degree) is required
- Teaching experience at the college level
- Demonstrated mastery of academic administration
- Demonstrated mastery of academic technology
- Demonstrated mastery of academic evaluation
- Mastery in oral presentation skills, planning and organizing of course objectives
- Must have strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to travel 0 % of time
- Must be able to lift 2 lbs.
About our programs:
The Jack Welch Management Institute at Strayer University delivers an integrated 12-course EMBA for working managers, along with non-degreed six-week Certificates in Leadership and Strategy. The Jack Welch Management Institute online Executive MBA is designed to be completed in 18-24 months while working full time.
Our faculty team works together in deliver a high quality integrated curriculum. Monthly meetings and frequent professional development opportunities ensure we are coordinated and qualified to fully engage our students and help them earn meaningful degrees and change the trajectory of their business careers.
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
We€™re honored and proud to announce that Strayer University has been recognized as a 2017 Top Workplace by the Washington Post.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.