Licensed Practical Nurse
Licensed Practical Nurse
Position Number: 53062609
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 06/30/2017
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is accepting applications for a Licensed Practical Nurse. This position is a full time, 10 month staff position. The LPN will perform duties in accordance with established rules and regulations, standard practices, procedure manuals, and special instructions from the PA/NP/MD. Job performance is done with considerable latitude for the exercise of independent judgment and limitations of nursing. Work will be observed and reviewed by Nurse Supervisor, PA/NP/MD.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The position will:
- Perform proficient physical assessment and triage.
- Perform proficient phlebotomy and CLIA-waved tests, process specimens.
- Document medical records legibly and correctly.
- Maintain HIPPA regulations and confidentiality.
- Deliver over-the-counter medications appropriate for complaint and/or assessment or basic first aid.
- Follow procedure of immunization requirements per the Board of Regents, processing immunizations in Banner.
- Perform tasks as required by the mid-level provider or the Physician; assisting the mid-level provider or the MD with procedures.
- Attend in-services as required and perform other tasks as assigned.
- Flexibility to work weekends when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Medical terminology, HIPPA rules & regulations.
- Physical assessment skills, treatment of acute illness/injury.
- Ability to recognize an emergency situation and initiate emergency care.
- Ability to perform in-house laboratory tests, draw blood, obtain and process specimens, and injection of medications/immunizations.
- Organized, good communication, interpersonal skills with students.
- Professional and confident demeanor.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Graduate from an approved practical nursing program.
- CPR and AED certified.
- Registered as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of Georgia.
- Minimum five years experience as an office nurse.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.