Enterprise Service Desk Technician
Located in uptown Denver, University Information Systems (UIS) provides technical services and a portfolio of secure, reliable and cost effective enterprise applications to the University of Colorado campuses and the Office of the President. UIS is committed to excellence in customer service and technical expertise.
The Enterprise Service Desk Technician is the first line of client communication and provides escalated customer for supported enterprise applications. This position is customer-focused, requiring exceptional customer service skills. The position is responsible for ensuring the highest level of service delivery for the departments supported by the UIS Service Desk. The ideal candidate will have a thirst for knowledge and an ability to quickly diagnose user issues and follow them through to resolution.
This position is 70% technical and 30% customer service.
The University of Colorado is committed to recruiting and supporting diversity and equality in education and employment. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Provide the highest level of customer service in all interactions
- Updates customer support procedures to ensure appropriate response to future incidents of a similar nature. Maintains expertise in supported applications and operating system
- Identify trends and propose solutions to common issues
- Write knowledge base entries to ensure consistency of support across the organization
- Provides updates, status, and completion information to manager, and/or customers, via telephone, email, or in-person communication
- Frequently update tickets to make sure the most current information is documented
- Recognize and refer escalated matters to appropriate support staff
- Create and maintain documentation for internal tasks and procedures
- Maintains a customer centric environment
This position is exempt for the State of Colorado Classified Staff.
Who we are: System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. This position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
What we offer:
Salary: The salary range for this position is $50,000-$55,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. Information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Three (3) years experience working in an IT help desk or service desk
- One (1) year experience working in an escalated supported role (Tier 2, etc.)
- Two (2) years hands-on desktop support experience supporting laptops, monitors, phones, and peripherals.
- Two (2) years hands-on operating system (OS) experience supporting Windows, Mac and/or Linux environments
- One (1) year experience with maintaining written instruction, policies, and procedures
- One (1) year experience using a ticketing system
- ITIL Foundations
- Experience providing support to executive level customers
- Experience with Cherwell Service Management
- Working Knowledge of University of Colorado, including:
- UIS enterprise access management support
- UIS's suite of enterprise applications
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration, completed applications must be received by Wednesday, June 14, 2017. Those who do not apply by June 14, 2017 may or may not be considered. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter and resume to your application as two separate documents. Please ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next the each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached. For full consideration, please apply by June 14, 2017.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50119 - University Information Systems
Posting Date: Jun 1, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Paula Ramirez
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00732663