Senior API Engineer
HealthExpense (http://www.healthexpense.com) is looking for a Senior API Engineer to help us build the next great healthcare technology startup. If you are interested in joining a dynamic early-stage startup that is already seeing significant traction - there are already 1M+ employees using our platform - we'd love to talk to you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The Senior API Engineer works collaboratively with our engineers and business teams to create and maintain client-consumable APIs. The incumbent will design, build, and maintain secure HIPAA-compliant application interfaces in a highly scalable and available open ecosystem.
In this role you will:
- Design and build client-facing API applications according to technical specifications (REST micro services in C++ with the ability to migrate to Scala)
- Implement security and data protection for HIPAA-compliant application interfaces for clients and partners
- Create and maintain unit tests for new code and defect fixes (CPPUnit or equivalent);
- Participate in continuous integration for automated builds and deployments (Jenkins or equivalent)
- Ensure deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements
- Provide extensive documentation and examples of the API for client and partner developer use
- Tackle other duties that pop up ... we're a startup after all.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for candidates with:
- At least 3-5 years of experience in software development, architecture, and API development (and more is better)
- Solid experience with REST micro services and C++
- An understanding of API security principles and experience with user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Reasonable working knowledge of, or a strong interest in learning, a functional language (Scala preferred)
- An understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience with big data, such as Hadoop, and complex text and data file processing (a nice-to-have, but not necessary)
- Experience in the delivery of healthcare or financial backend software systems (also nice-to-have, but not necessary)
- A solid academic background (or equivalent experience). Degrees in Information Systems, Computer Science or a closely related field are preferred
In healthcare, $600B (that's a B) is wasted every year. The HealthExpense (http://www.healthexpense.com) platform -- think "Mint for healthcare" -- helps consumers and benefits administrators make the most of their healthcare dollars, tackling the mundane and often unnecessarily-complicated tasks like submitting insurance reimbursement claims, paying bills, and tracking deductibles and flex-spending caps. Our fast-growing network is quickly becoming the platform of choice for large employers and third-party administrators, and we're already helping over 1M employees make better and more cost-effective healthcare decisions.
A few key details:
- We're well-funded and stable: we offer great salaries, medical/dental/vision coverages, and generous bonuses.
- We're off to great start. Our platform is already in use by millions, and we're just getting started.
- You can do great things here. We're still a small team -- there are plenty of meaty challenges to tackle and opportunity to make a real impact.
- We set you up for success: We never skimp on best hardware or tools money can buy.
- We want you to share in our success. Every offer includes a healthy dose of stock options.
- We're building for the long-term. Our key executives have been around the block, and understand the importance (and sustainability) of true work-life balance. We work hard and smart, and also manage to have real lives outside the office.
- We're located in sunny Sunnyvale, California.
Thu, 1 Jun 2017 13:25:42 PDT