OLIN HOUSE MANAGER
JOB NO.: 90978-AS
Work Type: Staff Full or Part Time, Staff-Full Time, Staff-Part Time
Department: GEA/UNIVERSITY ADMIN/CHAN OFC
Categories: Custodial, Other
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90978-AS
Working Title: Olin House Manager
Official Title: ADMIN PROGRAM SPEC(R07DN) or ASSOC ADMIN PRGM SPEC(R07FN)
Hiring Department: A011010-GENL EDUCATIONAL ADMIN/UNIVERSITY ADMINISTRATION/CHAN OFC
FTE: 50% - 100%
Anticipated Begin Date: JULY 15, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $43,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree required
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- Must be able to comfortably lift 25 lbs.
- Discerning eye for aesthetics and details
- Managed and maintained a public or private residence
- Demonstrated success working independently
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Professional, astute, and welcoming demeanor
- Exhibits discretion
- Good at on-the-fly problem solving and multi-tasking
- Positive attitude
- Appreciation and interest in the domestic arts
- Comfortable in formal social settings
- Spirit of teamwork with colleagues
- Participated in planning, staffing, and/or catering events
- Knowledge of housekeeping techniques and equipment
- Fluent in office software including email and calendar, Microsoft Word and Excel
This position serves as the on-site manager of Olin House. This position also supports the events held throughout the year at Olin House.
The earliest start date for this position will be July 15 and the latest August 15 (ideally).
Instructions to applicants:
Please click on the "Apply Now" button (jobs.wisc.edu, PVL 90978) to start the application process. Applicants will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter detailing your experience as it relates to the principal duties and qualifications of the position. PDF preferred, but not required. Pay will be based on experience and qualifications.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 01 Jun 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 29 Jun 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time