MENTAL HEALTH PROVIDER/PROMOTION SPECIALIST
JOB NO.: 90910-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Health Care, Medical, Social Services, Other
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90910-AS
Working Title: Mental Health Provider/Promotion Specialist
Official Title: COUNSELOR(R72DN) or ASSOC COUNSELOR(R72FN)
Hiring Department: A572570-UNIV HEALTH SERVICES/CCS/COUNSELING
Anticipated Begin Date: AUGUST 01, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $52,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Masters in SW, Counseling, or MH related field required
Additional degree in Public Health, College Student Development, Prevention Science, Health Education/Promotion or related field preferred
Health Education Specialist preferred
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
Required: Minimum of two years full-time professional experience (post academic) in a mental health setting, developing and implementing outreach, health promotion and/or prevention programming.
Strongly preferred experiences of the candidate include:
1) Experience in an interdisciplinary college mental health treatment setting;
2) Demonstrated skills in working with college students using peer education and capacity building strategies for health promotion;
3) Experience in developing community-specific programming to address mental health needs at a population level;
4) Experience in brief intervention, mental health crisis assessment, and group therapy;
5) Experience in consultation and collaboration with campus and community partners to facilitate the provision of mental health services and student-led programming in non-clinical settings;
6) Advanced health communication and presentation skills appropriate for college student populations;
7) Knowledge of college student development, and skill in student engagement;
8) Skills in prevention and population-based program development and evaluation;
9) Experience collaborating with, and participating in, multidisciplinary teams including medical providers, prevention specialists and academic faculty/staff;
10) Knowledge of electronic health record systems;
11) Knowledge of state and federal legal and ethical confidentiality requirements;
12) Evidence of understanding of quality improvement initiatives;
13) Evidence of being self-motivated, self-directed, and responsive to shifting priorities and team demands.
14) Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with persons of diverse socio-economic,
racial/ethnic, international, and LGBTQ backgrounds including knowledge and sensitivity about multicultural issues; and
15) Supervision of trainees and/or students.
License or certificate:
Licensed or license eligible in Wisconsin as a Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Psychologist, or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist strongly preferred. Wisconsin license required within one year of hire.
Under the Supervision of Mental Health Services Co-director or Associate Director, and the Manager of Healthy Campus, the Mental Health Provider/Promotion Specialist is a primary link between the Prevention and Mental Health teams.
This position will have dual reporting to a supervisor in Mental Health and a supervisor in Prevention Services. The appointment will be split .50 FTE with UHS Healthy Campus and .50 FTE with UHS Mental Health Services. Candidate must be able to work some evenings and weekends on campus.
Instructions to applicants:
Click the Apply Now link to apply. You will be required to create an account or login to an existing account. Please upload a cover letter and resume to apply.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 01 Jun 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 29 Jun 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time