Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado School of Medicine
Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Medical Education
Professional Research Assistant
Position # 681602 - Requisition # 9768
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
Nature of Work:
The Department of Pediatrics, Section of Medical Education, is looking for a motivated and creative full-time Professional Research Assistant to become a member of our team. The Office of Medical Education develops, oversees and coordinates Undergraduate, Graduate, Fellowship and Continuing Medical Education in Pediatrics, and conducts research in the field of Medical Education in areas such as assessment, professionalism, curriculum development, and communication. The selected candidate will provide support to project investigators and managers, help identify and develop grant opportunities, provide assistance with the grant application process, facilitate the involvement of collaborators, and implement and coordinate research projects. The ideal candidate will have proven research experience including: study coordination skills, data collection, data entry, recruiting and consenting participants, and development of materials.
- Education or Social Sciences Research
- Under the direct supervision of the Manager of Medical Education, Josh Rosenfeld. Under the general supervision of the Director of Research and Development for Medical Education, Janice Hanson, PhD.
Example of Work:
- Conduct literature searches and realist syntheses
- Gather and manage data, participate in data analyses, and assist in the preparation of reports, presentations and manuscripts (may participate as a co-author)
- Assist in poster and presentation formatting, design and delivery
- Develop and coordinate engagement of key stakeholders related to medical education projects, including broad engagement of patient and family advisors.
- Perform day-to-day activities related to the implementation of research protocols, including coordinating and attending meetings with project investigators and staff
- Various activities related to grant procedures - may include IRB submissions and assistance on progress reports
- Participant recruitment, informed consent and scheduling of research activities
- Assure compliance with HIPAA and COMIRB requirements
- Participate in developing educational materials related to research
- Manage timelines for research and grant activities
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college
- Three years of experience working in a research environment.
Condition of Employment:
- Must successfully pass a drug test through Children's Hospital Colorado
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal background check
Required Competencies: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Superior organization and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication, and customer-service skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- The three years of research experience listed under minimum qualifications is in education or social sciences research or a related field.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Social Sciences Research or a related field from an accredited university or college.
- Master's Degree in Education or Social Sciences Research or related field from an accredited university or college.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and software (for example, Qualtrics, HyperRESEARCH, SPSS Statistics, database software), especially in the areas of curriculum and assessment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 9768
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20269 - SOM-PEDS General Operations
Posting Date: Jun 1, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Pat Schmitter
Posting Contact Email: Patricia.Schmitter@childrenscolorado.org
Position Number: 00681602