Administrative Assistant V (F/T), CF3N30922BUSAF
To perform and coordinate all secretarial functions of the Director of Business Affairs office.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant V (F/T), CF3N30922BUSAF
Duties of Position:
- Responsible for operating and maintaining files on Network Computer Workstation with hard disk and laser printer; computer literate and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and other software as needed.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining diskette and hard copy files for Business Affairs office.
- Screens phone calls and visitors, sets up appointments and schedules meetings for the Director.
- Handles and distributes all mail for Business Affairs.
- Takes minutes of all meetings and types all correspondence and confidential information of the Director.
- Prepares all requisitions, assign account numbers and monitor monthly budget for all areas of Director's office.
- Handles Dining Services equipment maintenance billing, standing purchase orders, maintenance work orders and equipment inventories for Dining Services. Receives and verifies accuracy of food waivers submitted for approval.
- Researches and audits Bookstore textbook pricing to insure pricing in compliance with contract and audits Central Stores invoices.
- Assists Staff Services, Print Shop, and Conferences & Events managers with secretarial duties when necessary.
- Coordinates preparation of fiscal budget for all areas of Business Affairs office.
- Prepares and processes travel reports for Business Affairs area.
- Hires and trains student clerk typist in operation of equipment.
- Coordinates preparation and maintains computer account inventories for all areas of Business Affairs office.
- Manage student book and bike locker rentals. Complete space use agreements; assign keys, deposit funds and issue refund of deposits. Schedules annual pest control and performs bi-annual inventory of keys to verify integrity of key system.
- Maintenance of Business Services web home page.
- Acts as back up to the Director as well as all the managers in answering complicated questions, explaining complex procedures and providing course of action for several large service departments.
- Deals with solving problems for irate and unreasonable students.
- Maintain a high level of familiarity with procedures of all areas in Business Affairs, dealing with the specialized nature of each area.
- Assigns tasks and projects to managers as required in order to maintain an organized flow of business for the Director.
- Coordinates timely receipt of information for Director from various managers under Business Affairs.
- Verifies accuracy and completeness of information for Director's review and investigates problems as required.
- Maintains insurance certificates, sanitation licenses and performance bonds for various contracts.
- Develops schedules, inventories, and data lists for major RFPs and bids processed by Business Affairs.
- Keeps a log and reports and resolves vending machine complaints.
- Acts as a resource for technology issues in Business Affairs.
- Prepares/transmits legal contracts relating to clinical facility agreements, maintains clinical agreement/certificate of liability insurance files, external contact with hospital administrators/coordinators, and internal contact with health sciences coordinators.
- Other special projects and related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
Minimum of two years experience. Must have two years word processing experience. Proficiency in written and spoken English.
High school diploma and certificate in Office Technology.
Minimum of four years experience, including two years on Microsoft Word.
A.A. degree with major in office careers.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
IBM PC system, electronic typewriter, calculators, fax machines, multi-line phone system, copier, and printer.
May require periodic overtime, hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: Business Affairs - BUSAF
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt