Chemistry - Adjunct Pool
Houston Community College (HCC) is an open-admission, public institution of higher education offering a high-quality, affordable education for academic advancement, workforce training, career development and lifelong learning to prepare individuals in our diverse communities for life and work in a global and technological society. We're proud to say that 98 percent of our graduates step into a job in their field of study immediately upon graduation.
One of the largest community colleges in the nation, HCC has served the Greater Houston area for over four decades. Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and the Schools Commission on Colleges, we offer 300+ associate degree and certificate programs to 75,000+ students across 13 Centers of Excellence and online each semester. We are proud to be No.1 among all community colleges in the nation in providing associate degrees to minorities and No.1 in educating international students, with 10.4 percent of our student population from outside the USA.
Our vision is to become the Employer of Choice in support of our mission for Student Success by attracting, retaining and motivating the best employees.
Some of the brightest minds in academics and business are choosing HCC as their teaching home. When you join our talented faculty team, you'll play a special role as teacher, mentor and academic advisor. We'll support you in your professional development as you contribute your knowledge and expertise to HCC, our students and the community.
You: Innovator. Pacesetter. Agent of change. If you're a tech savvy, process improvement-focused Student Champion with a talent for developing partnerships with communities and individuals, we're looking for you.
Highlights: We are currently seeking an exceptional individual who will advance the institution's proud tradition of excellence in academics, student life and community service.
Next steps: If you always have the student experience in the forefront of your planning and execution, if you're a collaborator, an innovator and a person who gets things done, apply today!
Houston is a city with limitless possibilities:
- Third-largest city in the U.S. and home to 54 Fortune 500 companies, second only to New York City's 55.
- Approximately 145 languages are spoken here.
- Overall after-taxes living costs are 5.6 percent below the average for all 308 urban areas recently surveyed.
- Houston is a major-league sports town, and don't forget the annual Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo.
- The weather is great! Mild winters ensure that outdoor activities can be enjoyed year-round.
- World-renowned medical care. The Houston metro area has long been known for its first-rate healthcare system, with many Houston area hospitals consistently ranking among the nation's top institutions.
- With over 150 museums and cultural institutions in the Greater Houston area, museums are a large part of Houston's cultural scene.
- Houston is the Culture & Culinary Capital of Texas with more than 7,500 restaurants and eating establishments covering 60+ cuisines.
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply right away.
Houston Community College does not discriminate on the bases of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran's status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
David Cross, Director EEO/Compliance, Title IX Coordinator
Office of Institutional Equity
PO Box 667517
Houston TX, 77266
713 718.8271 or [email protected]
HCC values its employees and their contributions, promotes opportunities for their professional growth and development, and provides a positive working and learning environment that encourages diversity, innovation and creativity, and inclusion.
Individuals with disabilities, who require special accommodations to interview, should contact (713) 718-8565.
Must have completed at least eighteen (18) graduate hours in Chemistry and Physics and hold a Master's degree (official transcript(s) conferring degree must accompany the application).
Minimum of one (1) year of college level teaching experience or five (5) to ten (10) years of related work experience required.