Requisition Number STA - 201000000494
Job Title Administrative Coordinator
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of
The University - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
This is specialized professional administrative work planning and aiding in the business management and staff services functions for the Vice President for University Advancement and President and CEO of the UNT Dallas Foundation, Inc. An employee in this class operating with a high level of initiative and judgment is responsible for a variety of complex decisions and administrative services. Instructions received are usually general and minimal. An individual in this position generally has supervisory responsibilities. Under general supervision of the Vice President for University Advancement, provides a variety of activities essential to the general administration of the University Advancement Division with a particular focus on budget contract preparation and management, purchasing, and personnel records. This position works directly with the Vice President for University Advancement and divisional staff.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates the operations of a complex or large office.
- Creates routine and ad hoc queries of data tables to support University Advancement Division needs.
- Maintains department calendar, arranging and/or monitoring scheduling for seminars, training, meetings, travel, and related department functions.
- Interprets policies and procedures to faculty, administrators, staff and students.
- Prepares, monitors and maintains control of expenditures within budgets.
- Collects and compiles data on student demographics (gender, ethnicity, classification, etc.), contact hours, grade distributions, etc.
- Prepares correspondence.
- Serves as departmental representative in meetings and interdepartmental contacts.
- Makes recommendations for and implements changes in policies and procedures.
- Supervises inventories of supplies and equipment.
- Prepares purchase orders and approves invoices for equipment and supplies.
- Plans or edits brochures of official publications.
- Collects and compiles and processes data to create a report/spreadsheet.
- Prepares routine and ad hoc internal reports.
- Coordinates special assignments and projects.
- Assists in conducting divisional workshops to develop divisional goals and University Advancement Division plans.
- Maintains general office support as required by the University Advancement Division.
- Coordinates and maintains department records, forms, and reports.
- Prepares travel vouchers and accounts for the expenditure of travel funds.
- Coordinates arrangements for conferences, programs, meetings, special events.
- Follows appropriate safety and security precautions related to work performed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Graduation from college with a Bachelor's degree and one year experience or five years of experience in office administration; or any combination of experience; education and training which provides the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
- Considerable knowledge (or ability to rapidly assimilate and retain) university operating procedures, organization and management policies.
- Working knowledge of sound business principles, practices, and techniques.
- Marked ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- High level of competence using e-mail and search engines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience supervising entry level administrative positions.
- When required: Skill in typing at a moderately fast rate with few errors.
- Knowledge of safe working procedures and security precautions related to work performed
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Experience working in an institution of higher education supporting an executive.
- Experience working in a department of Advancement/Development in a university setting or a not for profit organization associated with fundraising.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
Monday-Friday; 8am-5pm; with some evenings and weekends
Substitution of Experience/Education Yes
Start Date 06/01/2017
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Professional Organization (Specify Below)
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- High School/GED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- PhD (or terminal degree for your discipline)
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Cover Letter
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)