Learning Lab, Technology Resource Coordinator and Simulation Director
Description: Under the supervision of the Chair of the Nursing Department, the Learning Lab/Technology Resource Coordinator and Simulation Director is responsible for maintaining the Department of Nursing’s learning lab as an optimal learning environment. Additionally the Coordinator assists the nursing faculty with the direction and validation of nursing students’ clinical skills, the review of learning resource materials, and assisting nursing students in their preparation for clinical experiences. The Coordinator is responsible for the academic advising to assigned students, facilitation of classroom/clinical/laboratory learning experiences as needed per 10 month period, providing assistance to students and faculty with distance learning and simulation technology needs, and provides oversight to student employees. This position also entails communication between other college departments, vendors, agencies, consultants, and others as indicated.
- Works in conjunction with work study students and/or faculty to prepare the lab for lab related activities such as, skills practice, simulations, certifications, and learning experiences.
- Works in conjunction with work study students to assist students with clinical preparation and skills validation in the lab during open hours throughout the week.
- Assist with distance learning and curricular technology needs of students and faculty
- Assists with simulation technology needs of students and faculty
- Administration of the nursing lab including, but not limited to purchasing, supervising student employees, monitoring resources, and conducting annual inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Works in conjunction with the Learning Loft to provide and/or arrange remediation as needed in the sciences and nursing
- Serving as faculty for NURS 134, NURS 144, NURS 443, and NURS 495 as needed.
- Provide academic advising to assigned students (available 2 hours per week) during the regular academic year; meet with prospective students (post-secondary students, internal and external transfers) as necessary; assist the Chair in the review of transcripts of transfer students
- Comply with all applicable College, Federal, State, local and associational regulations.
- As a representative of the College, expected to comport him/herself in a professional manner at all times, both on and off campus.
- Participate in major campus events, including Commencement Weekend
- Perform other job related duties
- Maintain good customer service standards
Qualifications: Minimum requirements for this position are a Registered Professional Nurse with a Bachelor’s Degree in nursing (Master’s Degree preferred) from an accredited college or university, with 3-5 years of clinical nursing experience. Current license as Registered Professional Nurse in the State of New York, and current certification in Basic Life Support is required. Individuals without an earned Master’s Degree in nursing will be encouraged to demonstrate progress towards degree completion.
Must have demonstrated organizational and communication skills including the ability to work collaboratively with students and faculty. Current knowledge of the rules and regulations of the New York State Department’s of Health and Education is required. Position requires computer proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, etc), knowledge of AV equipment, curriculum, and simulation technology. Knowledge of D2L and other computer applications is important. Experience working in an academic environment or with nursing students is a plus.
An independent, residential liberal arts college enrolling approximately 1,400 full-time undergraduates, Hartwick embraces the teacher-scholar model, with teaching excellence as the first priority, and seeks to recruit, retain and promote a diverse workforce.
Located in the scenic Susquehanna River valley in Oneonta, NY, near the northern foothills of the Catskill Mountains, the College features a Liberal Arts in Practice general education curriculum and aspires to "be the best at melding liberal arts education with experiential learning."
Hartwick offers health benefits to domestic partners of employees, and prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation/preference and gender identity/expression. Hartwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to broadening "the understanding, awareness, and appreciation of diversity among all members of the Hartwick community." Women, minorities, and other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Hartwick College is committed to providing a safe and secure educational environment. Employment at Hartwick College is therefore contingent upon a successful background check on every new employee. Candidates to whom an offer of employment is made will be required to sign a Release of Information Form authorizing the College to conduct a thorough background check.
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter and contact information for three professional references in one document (pdf or MS Word preferred) to Jarvis McCowin, Coordinator of Inclusion, at email@example.com. Applications may also be mailed to the Office of Human Resources, Hartwick College, P.O. Box 4020, Oneonta, NY 13820, or faxed to 607-431-4329.