Position Type: Staff
Position Number: 499113
Department: Audits and Analysis
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Position: Internal Auditor: Lamar University, Lamar Institute of Technology, Lamar State College-Orange and Lamar State College-Port Arthur. This position is housed in Beaumont, Texas. A certification is not required to be eligible for hire but must be obtained within two years of hire date. Acceptable certifications are CPA, CIA, CFE, and CISA.
The Texas State University System (TSUS) invites applications for the position of Internal Auditor for Lamar University, Lamar Institute of Technology, Lamar State College-Orange and Lamar State College-Port Arthur. These campuses are member institutions of the Texas State University System, the oldest multi-campus system in Texas.
• Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting or related financial discipline.
• Bachelor’s degree in another field with four (4) years of experience in auditing, business process analysis, compliance, risk analysis and assurance services, or similar area may be substituted.
Additional Desired Qualifications :
• Advanced degree in accounting, information systems, or related disciplines.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA}, Certified Fraud Examiner, or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
• Four (4) years successful auditing experience or related industry experience.
Required Experience and Skills:
• Strong analytical, organizational, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
• Proven ability to work with people.
• Experience and proven ability to utilize standard Microsoft desktop productivity applications in the performance of job duties.
• Working understanding of fundamental information technology control concepts.
• Versed in the application of professional auditing standards.
• Higher education audit experience.
• Familiarity and experience in using TeamMate or similar electronic work paper system.
• Information Technology (IT) audit experience.
• Good working knowledge of Texas statutory requirements applicable to public universities.
• Experience with Banner ERP.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary is commensurate with the successful applicant’s experience and qualifications. Benefits include paid vacation, sick leave, insurance, retirement contributions and other benefits provided to State of Texas employees.
ABOUT THE LAMAR CAMPUSES:
To learn more about the campuses or the Texas State University System, please visit:
The Texas State University System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas SB 805, Section 657.003.
Security Sensitive Statement:
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Posting Date: 05/30/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Screening of applications and nominations will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To be considered for the position, applicants must complete and submit a State of Texas Employment application found at the following link:
http://www.twc .state.tx.us/ jobs/gvjb/stateapp .pdf.
Applications and nominations may be submitted via U.S. Mail or email to:
Ramona Stricklan, CIA, CFE
Director - Office of Audits and Analysis
Texas State University System
2615 Calder Avenue, Suite 350
Beaumont, TX 77702
The anticipated start date for the Internal Auditor position will be September 1, 2017, contingent upon the Governor of Texas lifting the hiring freeze for State Agencies.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lamar.edu/.
Lamar University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Lamar University not to discriminate on the basis of non-relevant criteria including, but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in its educational programs, activities, admissions or employment practices.