Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) Academic Coach
This is a Part Time Temporary position in our student services department, with a maximum of 25 hours.
Provide advocacy and academic guidance to Program Students. Promote and support the current comprehensive system of supportive outreach and intervention strategies that promote retention and academic success including but not limited to:
- Meet regularly with students to address academic progress
- Collaborate with faculty, advisors and other campus resources in promoting student success
- Assist in the identification and implementation of engagement strategies that keep students connected to the College and the program, for purposes of optimal academic performance
- Help students comply and understand the Colleges' academic policies and standards
- Provide individual academic coaching; assist students in building their learning skills, study skills, and the various proficiencies that are necessary to be a successful student
- Conduct various workshops and orientation tasks each semester regarding classroom, study skills
and personal efficacy as it pertains to the academic environment
- Provide tutoring in certain academic areas ( candidates strengths will be taken into account to determine subject to be tutored)
- Be able to participate in programming that may be done during “off hours” (beyond the 9-5pm time frame)
- Master's Degree preferred Counseling, Educational or Student Services, or related field
- Knowledge of issues and factors affecting under-prepared populations
- Minimum 2 years of experience with diverse and under represented student population in a college setting
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Knowledge of Computer Programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Applicants for this position should submit a current resume and a cover letter
To apply, go to www.sunydutchess.edu/employment
DCC is committed to the principle of diversity and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, the disabled and all others (AA/EOE).