This is a Part Time Temporary position in our student services department with a maximum of 25 hours per week.
Provide advocacy and personal and academic counseling to Program Students. Promote and support the current comprehensive system of supportive outreach and intervention strategies that promote retention and academic success including but not limited to:
- Meet regularly with students to encourage program engagement and establish a supportive network for each student,
- Collaborate with faculty and other campus resources in promoting student success,
- Conduct various workshops and orientation tasks each semester,
- Lead or Co-Lead the student Mentoring Program,
- Make the appropriate referrals as needed to on and off campus resources,
- Support the implementation of tutoring and academic coaching assignments,
- Perform recruitment duties in conjunction with the Admission Office,
- Assist in the identification of prospective students each semester,
- Participate in Summer Programming,
- Provide financial literacy advisement as it relates to FAFSA completion, loans and grant awards,
- Other duties as assigned by program Director.
- Master's Degree preferred in Counseling, Student Personnel or related field
- Knowledge of issues and factors affecting under-prepared populations
- Minimum 2 years of experience with diverse and under represented student populations in a college setting
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Knowledge of Computer Programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Banner preferred
- Knowledge of the financial details of attending college for first generation students preferred.
Applicants for this position should submit a current resume and a cover letter
To apply, go to www.sunydutchess.edu/employment
Applications from minorities, veterans, the disabled and all others are encouraged (AA/EOE).