Instructional Designer/Instructional Technologist
SUMMARY Graduate School USA is an active learning community with a rich history that spans more than nine decades. Our range of programs and services includes continuing education, academic programs, career development, and certificate programs — all designed to serve the needs of organizations and individuals in both government and the private sector.
The Curriculum and Learning Solutions Division seeks an Instructional Designer/Instructional Technologist to serve Graduate School USA’s mission, learners, products, and partners. This individual will design and develop online, blended, and face-to-face courses primarily for government employees and contractors. The candidate will be experienced in developing training courses for a range of online delivery modes using current multimedia tools. Learning products will incorporate quality learning experiences that are highly interactive, engaging, and relevant to today’s workplace.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Design and develop engaging learning experiences and instructional products for professional adult audiences, primarily federal, on a variety of topics and using a range of delivery modes
• Evaluate existing and new instructional products across desired delivery platforms, make recommendations for improvement, and implement revisions
• Customize courses to meet client needs
• Convert face-to-face classes for online delivery
• Develop and manage contracts for subject matter experts
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously, while ensuring high quality design and on-time project deliverables
• Communicate effectively with all project stakeholders; provide critical updates to supervisor and internal and external clients
• Create project plans, timelines, storyboards, and other design documents
• Facilitate the participation of subject matter experts (SMEs) in the design and development process to ensure high quality products
• Develop appropriate learning objectives and ensure alignment with course content and assessments
• Design and/or revise Participant Guides, PowerPoint presentations, and other course materials in collaboration with SMEs
• Continuously apply innovations in instructional approaches, methods, and technologies
• Ensure that all curriculum materials are clear, accurate, professionally relevant, instructionally sound, and will deliver on the established learning objectives
• Develop course evaluations for Kirkpatrick’s Evaluation Levels I and II.
• Facilitate course evaluation during pilot sessions to determine the effectiveness of training design. Analyze learner and instructor feedback and recommend improvements
• Ensure all policies and standards are followed (copyright, intellectual property, etc.)
• Participate in Remote Classroom initiative including set-up, troubleshooting, and daily monitoring of the online component of the face-to-face classroom using Adobe Connect -as scheduled
• Coordinate with instructors to identify course activities that need advance set-up in the Remote Classroom
• Support video recording sessions in production studio. Work with clients to prepare and record presentations. Incorporate videos in online courses.
• Produce courses and webinars in Adobe Connect in collaboration with technical director
• Design and develop courses in a Learning Management System such as Blackboard
• Create multimedia learning objects using software such as Adobe Presenter and Captivate
• Perform other mission-critical duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, instructional technology, education or closely related field is required; Master’s preferred
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in designing and developing courses for synchronous, asynchronous, blended, and face-to-face classes as well as in converting classroom courses for online delivery
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter (please include cover letter in Resume Text section of the online application) for consideration by clicking on the following link to apply online:
Graduate School USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer