Chief Information Officer
The Opportunity: The University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH) seeks applications and nominations for the position of Chief Information Officer. Reporting to the Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Chief Information Officer (CIO) has operational, strategic, and fiscal responsibility for all aspects of information technology and its innovation at the University. The CIO also oversees the advancement of IT and network infrastructure and the implementation of that technology to promote excellence in teaching and learning, research, and operational effectiveness. The CIO works closely with central and campus-based technology professionals, develops annual budgets and long-range priorities for information technology infrastructure and personnel, fosters an inclusive environment among those within and outside the department, works collaboratively with all units on campus, and provides leadership for the security of hardware, software, and networks needed for a research intensive university environment with substantial federal and defense-related contracts and grants.
The University: A public research university established in 1950, UAH occupies 53+ campus buildings across 432 acres in Cummings Research Park, the second largest university-related research park in the United States. UAH offers 85 degree-granting programs, and over 100 areas of study that meet the highest standards of excellence. Fiscal year 2016 revenues were approximately $213 million. For 2015, UAH ranked in the top 20 in five federal research and development expenditure fields as reported by NSF. UAH is listed as a Tier 1 national university by U.S. News & World Report.
Qualifications: Minimum requirements for the position include the following:
· Master’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution of higher education
· Five or more years of senior level IT administrative experience
· Knowledge and experience in implementation and use of academic and research information data bases, technology/infrastructure for delivery of online courses, and electronic resources
· Extensive technical knowledge relative to media, computing, and communications-related areas
· Demonstrated successful and relevant experience in administering the IT infrastructure and security policies and processes within a federal contracting environment
· Demonstrated budget and finance experience
Application Procedure: To review the full job advertisement and apply, please refer to the UAH Careers Website at https://uah.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=85120. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applications submitted by July 21, 2017 will receive full consideration. Nominations, applications, and inquiries may be sent in confidence.
Further information about the University of Alabama in Huntsville is available at www.uah.edu .
NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY: The University is an Affirmative Action Employer of women, minorities, qualified individuals with a disability and covered veterans.