Director, Student Counseling
Texas A&M University-Central Texas was born in the spirit of community cooperation on May 27, 2009 as a member of The Texas A&M University System, one of the largest systems of higher education in the nation. A&M-Central Texas is a military friendly, upper-level institution offering bachelor's and master's degrees for life's next chapter.
Males, age 18 through 25, must be properly registered with the Selective Service System to be eligible for hire. This position is designated as a security sensitive position and requires a satisfactory criminal history background check.
In order to comply with federal export control regulation, applicants must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, temporary resident, refugee or asylee to be considered for this position.
Proof of education required upon hire.
Texas A&M University-Central Texas, a member of the Texas A&M University System, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer and Educator and is committed to excellence through diversity.
Crime Awareness and Campus Safety/Annual Fire Safety Report:
Texas A&M -Central Texas (TAMCT) is committed to assisting all members of the TAMUCT community in providing for their own safety and security. Information regarding campus security, personal safety, and fire safety including the Jeanne Cleary Campus Safety Report is available at: https://www.tamuct.edu/departments/security/index.php.
If you would like to receive a hard copy of the Crime Awareness and Campus Safety/Annual Fire Safety Report, or reports from previous years, you may stop by the University Police Department located at Founder's Hall, Room 103 or you may request that a hard copy be mailed to you by calling (254) 501-5801.
Posting Number 083S
Position Title Director, Student Counseling
Work Site Location Killeen
Duration of Position Budgeted- FT
Salary Minimum $75,000
Job Summary/Basic Function
The Director, Student Counseling will oversee the functions related to student counseling.
Master's Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or related degree.
10 years in counseling or related field.
LPC (or ability to obtain within 2 weeks of employment)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Some weekends/evening may be required.
Posting Date 05/25/2017
Closing Date 07/10/2017
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Position closes on July 10, 2017
Anticipated start date for this position is August 1, 2017.
LPC required or ability to obtain within 2 weeks of employment.
Quick Link http://www.tamuctjobs.com/postings/1507
Proposed Job Duties
On this screen, please list in order of importance, and in detail, the job function and duties assigned to this position and estimate the percentage of time given to each function.Job Duties
Percent of total time 100 Responsibility / Duty
• Oversees the development, implementation, and coordination of functions, staff, procedures, assessments and evaluation, and budgets within the Department of Student Counseling. Keeps well informed of current issues, effective practices, policy, regulations, and laws. Systematically evaluates current processes and resources in order to identify current, Short-term and long-term needs related to trends in counseling, mental health, and wellness. Recruits, trains, develops, evaluates and provides leadership to counseling and support staff personnel.
• Provides individual and group counseling and make referrals as appropriate to students of TAMUCT.
• Maintains electronic record keeping system in conjunction with the Community Counseling Center.
• Develops and maintains University-wide mental health programming and outreach. This includes, but is not limited to: alcohol and other drug initiatives, Title IX support and advocacy, suicide prevention, etc. Provides training and presentations to students and campus community on issues related to mental health issues.
• Works closely with other departments in Student Affairs to facilitate partnerships and collaboration with other University departments, administrators, faculty, staff, and community agencies to design and ensure the access of adequate mental health and wellness programs.
• Develops, maintains, and updates counseling policies & procedures in conjunction with the overall policies and procedures of Counseling Programs.
• Provides and oversees a comprehensive counseling and wellness program comprised of short-term, individual, and group counseling that assists students with a wide-range of concerns and developmental and transitional issues.
• Provides crisis assessment and intervention. This position is a member of the university Behavioral Assessment Team.
• Conducts, inquires, and provides current federal/state regulations regarding mental health and wellness makes appropriate recommendations as required.
• Participates in appropriate Student Affairs Division and University committees and meetings.
• Interacts and participates in the University-wide mental health Crisis Response Team.
Supplemental Questions for Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you have a Master's Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or related degree?
- Do you have 10 years experience in counseling or related field?
- Are you a LPC-Supervisor?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application