Business Coordinator - Campus Life and Inclusive Excellence
Working with the Campus Life and Inclusive Excellence Director of Budget and Planning, this position assists in the management of all phases of the financial and human resource management processes for assigned areas in the divisions. This position is responsible for assisting with accounting and administrative activities related to the financial operations and payroll, for the assigned areas. This position reports directly to the Director of Budget and Planning for the Campus Life and Inclusive Excellence Division. Position will have interaction with other university administrative staff.
- Conducting an 1-1 training sessions and provide ongoing support for the the assigned areas of the division regarding financial and budget issues.
- Responsible for all direct pays, journal entries, contracts, purchases orders, invoices and requisitions.
- Ensure accuracy of meal plan count invoices from Sodexo and cable jack counts from Comcast.
- Responsible for re-charge function in assigned areas of the division including, but not limited to, Campus Life Suite copier and poster printer.
- Conduct audit of departmental accounts as necessary.
- Accurate and timely entry and completion of accounting and purchasing card functions for assigned areas of the division.
- Reviewing payroll information to ensure that staff are paid from the correct org and the correct amount.
- Responsible for assigned aspects of payroll functions and hiring processes for assigned areas of the division.
- Serve as one of the HR Liaisons for the division.
Administration and Supplemental Support:
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
- Supervisor student workers
- Received Bachelor's degree at the time of application submission.
- 2 years full time post Bachelor's degree experience in general administrative office experience, with at least 1 year of working with payroll, human resources issues, or financial data.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, prioritizing and organizing work in an environment with frequent interruptions.
- Experience creating and maintaining complex and confidential filing systems.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- At the time of application submission, a received Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field.
- 3 years full time post Bachelor's degree experience in general administrative office experience, with at least 2 years of working with payroll, human resources issues, or financial data.
- 1 year experience using SCT Banner modules for payroll, finance, and previous experience in a College or University setting.
- Advanced Excel skills.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter