UNCG School of Music Administration Support Specialist
The School of Music is currently seeking qualified candidates to consider for Administration Associate and Personnel Officer. This position serves as the primary administrator for the School and assistant to the Director. The primary tasks include, but are not limited to:
• Supervise payroll for School of Music faculty, staff, and students.
• Complete personnel action forms, including EPAF, PD7, AA 1-3, EAF, PAF, PMP and all other personnel forms for the School of Music.
• Work with the Director on faculty annual review process including peer evaluations, pre and post tenure review, Promotion and Tenure and Reappointments. Handle the student evaluation of teaching process for School of Music.
• Coordinate hiring of faculty and staff positions. This includes maintenance of applicant files, correspondence with applicants, and assisting the search committee with all details surrounding interviews and appointments of new faculty and staff.
• Draft and/or edit sections of annual reports – HEADS report for NASM, Instructional Analysis reports, etc.
• Assist the Director in preparation of all reports within the School of Music to the College of Visual and Performing Arts, the University, accrediting agencies, and to other agencies.
• Receive and process paperwork, payments, and programs for around 300 student, faculty, and guest artist recitals each year.
• Coordinate events for the School of Music. This may include managing guest artist recitals, receptions, Music Audition Days, special events, luncheons for faculty, search candidates, and meetings.
• Take and distribute minutes for faculty meetings.
• Draft policy or manual revisions to reflect changes in procedures.
• Maintain personnel files for the School of Music.
• Disseminate critical information regarding personnel and fiscal policies and procedures throughout the School of Music as HR liaison.
• Compile and archive faculty CVs and course syllabi for the School of Music.
• Maintain and use global email/contact lists to disseminate information to the School.
High School diploma or equivalency, or demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work.
Bachelors degree preferred.
Background in music preferred.
3 years experience in academic administration preferred.
All applications must be processed through JobSearch referencing position 2789. To apply for this position please visit: https://jobsearch.uncg.edu/.
Materials requested include:
List of three references
All materials must be submitted electronically.
Inquiries about the position should be directed to:
Dr. Dennis AsKew, Director, UNCG School of Music
The UNCG School of Music, a member of NASM since 1938, is the only institution in North Carolina offering comprehensive degrees in music and music education from the baccalaureate through the doctorate. Over 70 faculty members teach a music student body of c. 600 majors. For years, the School’s alumni have distinguished themselves in important professional positions throughout the world while its justly renowned student ensembles continue to perform frequently in prestigious state, regional, and international settings. Since 1999, the Music Departments have occupied a new state-of-the-art building that affords students and faculty an outstanding environment for all aspects of music study and performance.
Greensboro, equidistant between Atlanta and Washington, DC, between the mountains and the seashore, has recently been designated an All-American City. Greensboro is extremely arts-oriented and, along with its sister cities in the “Triad” (Winston-Salem and High Point), provides a vital cultural stimulus to the entire Piedmont region and state of North Carolina.
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro is committed to equality of employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status. Moreover, the University of North Carolina at Greensboro is committed to recruiting and advancing women and minorities at all faculty/staff levels.
Apply for UNCG School of Music Administration Support Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly