Associate Director of Recruitment
Columbus College of Art & Design is looking for an Associate Director of Recruitment. Under the supervision of the Vice President for Enrollment Management (VPEM), the Associate Director of Recruitment is responsible for representing and presenting CCAD’s academic programs to prospective students, parents, teachers and counselors regionally, nationally and internationally. They will be expected to successfully perform admission counselor tasks while also directing the work of the admission counseling staff, lead aspects of on and off campus events, and track and report on the undergraduate admissions statistics as requested by the VP for Enrollment Management. They may be expected to manage aspects of the Admissions budget as directed by the VPEM. The Associate Director must have the ability to lead an office counseling staff, work independently within a team, follow through on assignments in a timely manner and to set priorities for themselves and their counselor team that accurately reflect relative importance of duties. They are expected to model professional expectations and skills for their team members, and will mentor/train team members to ensure they can successfully perform their job and meet expectations. They must have the ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse ethnic backgrounds, socioeconomic and educational levels. They must possess the ability to use a variety of interpersonal strategies to interact appropriately in situations ranging from large meetings to individual appointments. This position requires travel throughout the year as well as some evenings and weekends. The Associate Director is also responsible for recruiting talented undergraduate students, managing admissions files, and will work as a member of the Review Committee to review completed applications for admission into CCAD’s undergraduate programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the daily operations of the admissions counseling staff
- Track and report on undergraduate admissions numbers.
- Responsible for achieving assigned individual and team enrollment goals; must guide admissions counseling staff to achieve their assigned enrollment goals.
- In coordination with Director of Operations, plan and manage aspects of on and off campus admissions events; may include open houses, information sessions, admitted student receptions, campus tours, National Portfolio Day, etc.
- Conduct undergraduate admissions campus tours; in coordination with Campus Experience Coordinator ensure campus tours are effective and accurate, and staff is adequately trained.
- Represent the quality and scope of an arts education at CCAD to high school and community college art classes and guidance/career centers, prospective students, parents and the general public.
- Present CCAD’s undergraduate and graduate programs, admissions requirements, tuition and basic financial aid information.
- Represent CCAD at local, state and national college fairs; including National Portfolio Days.
- Give clear details to potential applicants, parents and educators about CCAD’s admissions procedures and policies regarding first-time freshman, transfer and graduate programs; including international student information.
- Represent CCAD to both large and small diverse audiences using mobile computing presentations.
- Contact and follow up with all inquiries received from the Internet, college fairs, school visits, telephone/email, social media, etc.
- Interview students and review their portfolios; communicate with the student to let them know what CCAD would like to see in their portfolio. Give guidance to students whose portfolios are lacking sufficient quality and/or quantity.
- Work to complete all assigned undergraduate admissions files from applicants in a timely manner and evaluate completed applications to determine if the applicant is admissible for admissions into undergraduate program.
- Track undergraduate applicants from initial contact through the admissions process to enrollment.
- Send all admission related correspondence to applicants in a timely manner and follow up with applicants to make sure all material has been received and understood.
- Work with the CCAD Financial Aid Office to ensure the completion of prospective students’ financial aid forms and assist with explaining financial aid information.
- Develops and maintains relationships with prospective students, art educators, high school counselors and others as directed.
- Track and submit individual travel receipts in accordance with travel policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed above. Additional qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in art or design-related field.
- Demonstrated ability to work within and lead a team.
- 5+ years working in college admissions.
- Strong commitment to visual arts and arts-based education
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Pro-active, creative problem solving approach.
- Proven experience working with databases; email; PC and MAC based programs and social media.
- Position requires travel and varied working hours including some evenings and weekends.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to lift 30lbs.
- Master’s degree in art or design-related field.
- Fluency in a second language other than English.
- Working knowledge of the following: customer relationship management systems; print, web content, or video for marketing and mobile presentations.
- Knowledge of graphic design programs (Adobe Creative Suite).
HOW TO APPLY
Email your resume, cover letter, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org with Associate Director of Recruitment in the subject line.
Your cover letter should address your qualifications for the position, as well as what you believe to be the value of an arts-based education.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Columbus College of Art & Design teaches undergraduate and graduate students in the midst of a thriving creative community in Columbus, Ohio. Founded in 1879, CCAD is one of the oldest private art and design colleges in the United States, offering 12 undergraduate majors and two graduate programs in art and design that produce graduates equipped to shape culture and business at the highest level. For more information, visit ccad.edu.
CCAD makes recruitment and retention decisions based on credentials, experience, abilities, talent, and results. The administration, faculty, staff and students embrace diversity and the college prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, national and ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected class status. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply for Associate Director of Recruitment
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly