Assistant Professor/Instructor of Business
Founded in 1958, Quincy College is a two-year, municipally affiliated college serving approximately 4,000 students at campuses located in Quincy and Plymouth, Massachusetts.
Quincy College Mission Statement
Quincy College is an open-access institution that encourages academic achievement and excellence, diversity, economic opportunity, community involvement, and lifelong learning. The College facilitates valuable learning relationships that inspire students to realize their educational and professional futures.
We are committed to the following values: student learning and achievement; excellence in teaching; mutual respect, responsibility, and collaboration; individual and institutional integrity; and diversity of people and perspectives.
The College recognizes that our success is measured by the long-term satisfaction and achievement of our students, and the positive partnerships we develop. Our most valuable resources to achieving our mission are our faculty, administration and support staff. Each individual employee's performance contributes to our ability to successfully achieve and excel in all aspects of our mission and values.
Under the direction of the Associate Dean for Academics, the faculty member will serve as a member of the faculty of the Business Program. Business Program faculty may be assigned any of the courses in Business, Management, Marketing and/or Economics. In addition to providing classroom instruction additional responsibilities of college faculty include student advising, curriculum development, service on College committees and other responsibilities as assigned by the Dean. Essential duties also include collaborating with other appropriate faculty in the planning, organizing, implementing, and evaluating of Business courses; collaborating with other appropriate faculty to facilitate and integrate correlated approach to course offerings; participating with others in the annual review or revision of course outlines, bibliographies, study guides, media, and other related course materials; demonstrating motivation, self-direction, and perseverance toward achieving the philosophy and mission of Quincy College and the Division of Plymouth; and engaging in the academic life of the college by serving on college committees. The Faculty members are expected to maintain a competent level of performance and professional development in the position. This position may require teaching at both the Quincy Campus and/or Plymouth Campus.
- Teach courses in the Business Program, and as otherwise directed by the Dean of the Plymouth Campus;
- Provide appropriate academic counseling and tutorial support to students;
- Maintain a regular schedule of office hours;
- Collaborate with other appropriate faculty in the planning, organizing, implementing, and evaluating of Business courses;
- Collaborate with other appropriate faculty to facilitate and integrate correlated approach to course offerings;
- Participate with others in the annual review or revision of course outlines, bibliographies, study guides, media, text book selection, and other related course materials;
- Demonstrate motivation, self-direction, and perseverance towards achieving philosophy and mission of Quincy College and the Division of Plymouth;
- Attend Plymouth Campus faculty meetings;
- Collaborate with adjunct instructors of business of the Plymouth Campus;
- Engage in the academic life of the college by serving on college committees.
- Participate in mandatory training/coursework. Including but not limited to:
- Title IX and Sexual Misconduct
- Sexual Harassment and Non-Discrimination
- Security Policy and Notification of Security Reporting
- Municipal Ethics Law
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Travel: Travel/Assignment between the Quincy and Plymouth campuses may be required.
Educational Experience: Master's degree in Business, or related field, from an accredited college or university required. PhD, DBA, or related terminal degree preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years college teaching experience, preferably in a community college setting;
- Experience working in a management position
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding of and commitment to the community college mission;
- Experience instructing students from a diverse background;
- Experience using technology in the classroom and/or for distance learning, and traditional/nontraditional methods of instruction;
- Experience using multiple measures to assess student learning.
Quincy College is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy. Quincy College is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Massachusetts State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action.
Please submit the following documents online at www.quincycollege.edu:
- Cover Letter