DIRECTOR OF TECHNOLOGY INFRASTRUCTURE AND ARCHITECTURE - Mgmt Range 8
Directory of Technology Infrastructure and Architecture - Mgmt Range 8
Full Salary Range $78,561 - $122,022 (additional compensation for doctorate)
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
July 3, 2017 12:00 pm, PST
Approximately August, 2017
- Bachelor's degree from an acceptable accredited institution in information systems, computer science, or other related field.
- Three years of increasingly responsible experience deploying and supporting network and server/storage infrastructures in support of a multi-campus network.
- Two years of experience supervising staff in an area related to technology.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Under general supervision of the Director, support instructional, student, and administrative needs of the District. To lead the designing, planning, operational, and training needs of an enterprise networked infrastructure servicing the entire district. To participate as senior lead for specific assignments, and be a primary contact for technology vendors. This position requires a hands-on approach to both training and other technical responsibilities.
- Maintain and improve the enterprise communications infrastructure including wide area and local area network operations, and network security devices.
- Maintain and improve enterprise server and data storage resources including physical systems virtual infrastructure.
- Maintain and improve campus telecommunications systems to include PBX, stations, and voicemail.
- Recommend specification updates to district equipment standards.
- Manage technology related projects from the initial preparation and planning to the procurement and installation of equipment or services, including overseeing of contractor’s work.
- Establish growth plans for the network to insure the best quality service in a state of the art environment.
- Identify where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed.
- Ensure the regular and secure backup of district data.
- Ensure the routine monitoring and testing of network security as well as enforces existing policies.
- Fulfill departmental requirements in terms of providing work coverage and administrative notification during periods of personnel illness, vacation, or education.
- Perform equipment installations and relocation as required to support the business needs of the enterprise.
- Monitor and tune the enterprise networks for optimal performance.
- Attend and actively participate as part of various district committees for the purpose of improving communication related to technology on campus.
- Oversee support of academic computer labs with the design, installation and maintenance of computers, peripherals, and educational software applications including specialized systems to meet ADA requirements.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Advanced concepts, principals and theory of network/data communications design and planning utilizing IEEE specifications and standards such as ISO/OSI, 802.2, 802.3, 802.11 and protocols such as TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, etc.
- Advanced concepts, principals and theory of disaster recovery design and planning including audit requirements, legal requirements, risk analysis, and recovery strategies.
- Advanced concepts and principals for managing large scale computer implementations.
- Advanced concepts and principals for establishing and documenting base line performances.
- Advanced concepts and principals for administering enterprise server operating systems, such as Microsoft, Linux, and UNIX.
- Microsoft SQL Server database management, data tools, and other third party administration tools.
- Advanced concepts and principals of network equipment such as switches and routers.
- Advanced concepts and principals of security equipment and software, such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and virus protection systems.
- Advanced operational characteristics of software applications and peripheral equipment.
- Advanced methods and techniques used in the installation and troubleshooting of software applications on individual computers and the network.
- Characteristics, capabilities, and uses of telecommunications system concepts, including data communication lines (POTS, T1-OC48, ATM, MPLS, etc.) and equipment, data access equipment, telecommunication software, switching networks, routers, and CSU/DSUs.
- Techniques of wireless data connections.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Write clear specifications, standards, and operating procedures.
- Operate a variety of complex data/telecommunication diagnostic test equipment.
- Analyze data/telecommunication operating problems to determine causes of malfunctioning systems.
- Read, interpret and apply concepts found in complex technical publication manuals and other documents.
- Perform diagnostic and productivity scripting and light programming using PowerShell and Linux/UNIX shell equivalent.
- Manage, motivate and evaluate classified professionals.
- Perform a variety of technical tasks in the installation and troubleshooting of computer software applications and peripheral equipment.
- Provide support and respond to requests and inquiries from system users regarding telecommunication, network, and software applications.
- Analyze software and hardware needs and recommend solutions that meet or exceed requirements.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
How to Apply: All applicants must provide the following items by the closing date in order to be considered for this recruitment. Documents may be emailed or faxed in order to meet the deadline, but all documents must be clear and legible. Email to: HR@mccd.edu, or Fax: 209-384-6103 or mail: Yeng Her, Office of Human Resources, Merced College, 3600 M Street, Merced, CA 95348-2898
- Completed District application form available online http://www.mccd.edu/offices/hr/jobs/management.html
- Letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position
- Three recent letters of recommendation
- Legible unofficial college transcripts (undergraduate and graduate). Transcripts must include the degree major and date the institution granted the degree. Official copies are not required unless applicant is hired.
- Foreign transcripts must include a U.S. evaluation and translation.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all required materials are in the Human Resources Office on the filing deadline. Incomplete application packets will not be considered. All materials submitted in your application file become District property and will not be returned to you.
Individuals with disabilities may request any needed accommodation to participate in the application process. Please submit your request with your application to the Human Resources Office.
Interview Information: Those applicants deemed most qualified for the position will be invited to appear for oral interviews before a screening committee. The interview process will include a pre-interview writing assessment. Finalist interviews with district administrators will follow the same or next day. A limited number of candidates will be invited to interviews. Expenses for travel and accommodations will be the responsibility of the candidates.
Employee Benefits: The District pays (with small contribution from employee) health, prescription, vision and dental insurance premiums for the employee and dependents. Life and income protection insurance premiums are provided for the employee only, as well as paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
Condition of Employment: The selected candidate must be livescanned and tested for tuberculosis at his/her own expense prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform Act of 1986 requires verification of the right to work in the United States. Applicant must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations. All offers of employment are subject to approval by the Board of Trustees.
Apply for DIRECTOR OF TECHNOLOGY INFRASTRUCTURE AND ARCHITECTURE - Mgmt Range 8
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly