Associate Vice Chancellor of Marketing
Associate Vice Chancellor for Marketing
The Associate Vice Chancellor of Marketing will be responsible for supporting the University of Denver's strategic plan under the direction of the Vice Chancellor of Marketing and Communications. He/ she will develop and implement a strategic roadmap linked to clear goals and desired outcomes and lead a team of creative services and digital communications professionals, developing and implementing integrated marketing plans that meet the goals of the strategic roadmap. The Associate Vice Chancellor will partner with both the academic and administrative units through the campus to assist them in reaching their marketing goals, as they align with the overall mission of the University, communicating:
- Clear, articulated strategic objectives
- A test and learn culture, based on analytics and measurements
- Agility in brand and marketing execution
The key deliverable from the Office of Marketing and Communications is successful strategic, data-focused marketing. The Associate Vice Chancellor leads the development and integration of all marketing programs within a strategic framework. Leveraging a partnership approach, she/he must gain alignment and support for marketing initiatives across the University and demonstrate the value- add benefits that strategic marketing can bring to the enterprise. Leading a team of direct and indirect reports, the Associate Vice Chancellor of Marketing expertly guides the University from reactive and tactical storytelling to strategic, brand and data-driven marketing. H/she will be a creative, conceptual thinker who understands the unique culture and values of the University of Denver.
- Provide industry-leading innovation in strategy, marketing and business planning derived from consumer/marketing centric research, applying analytics as well as creative thinking in order to further the brand and move the enterprise
- Function as the sheppard of the brand, clarifying, articulating and executing communication of the unique qualities that define DU in the form of brand architecture to external, as well as internal constituencies, across all communication touch
- Lead marketing research and analytics to make informed and strategic decisions.
- Lead a direct team of marketing professionals, who manage and deliver the print and digital assets of the
- Build marketing best practices, defining and strengthening the role of marketing across the University and bringing out-of-the-box thinking to identify new integrated marketing direction that brings brand vision to
- Identify and lead a strong marketing team, providing the inspirational leadership necessary to develop, mentor and motivate a high performing team.
- Form and strengthen a cross-university consortium of marketing and communication professionals to achieve brand and marketing objectives across campus.
Desired Qualifications and Characteristics for Candidates
The successful candidate must have an earned Bachelor's degree in management, marketing, communications or a related field. The ideal candidate will have ten or more years of brand, marketing and/or product management experience in consumer goods or services, and/or higher education fields and demonstrated track record of building and leading high performing teams, with experience managing a large staff.
Preferred Qualifications of the successful candidate include:
- Master's degree in management, marketing or related field.
- Proven track record of success with fifteen (15) years of brand, marketing, creative services and or/ product management experience in consumer goods or services and/or higher education fields.
- Cutting edge understanding of the best marketing approaches in use by customer oriented organizations and institutions of higher education.
- Track record of success in highly matrixes' environment with multiple constituents.
- Ability to integrate thinking across divergent points of view.
- Promotion strategy skills and demonstrated experience in integrated marketing with vast experience in advertising, promotion management, direct marketing, digital marketing and CRM.
- Demonstrated ability to conceive new research based marketing strategies and successfully lead implementation.
- Financial analysis skills and experience in data driven decision making.
Information for Candidates
This position is anticipated to begin in the fall of 2017. The salary and benefits will be competitive. Please send all nominations, inquiries and expressions of interest with letter of interest and resume in confidence and electronically by August 1, 2017 to:
Susan VanGilder, Partner Beth McCarthy, Associate
Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates, LP