A fast growing, leading edge Restoration Company with offices in Blue Island, IL is looking for an energetic and highly motivated individual to join our Team; an individual that is organized, detailed oriented with excellent communication skills.
Overview: The successful candidate will oversee all facets of delivering reconstruction or new construction projects on time and under budget with the direction of the Project Manager. The Superintendent must be able to utilize computers and related technology efficiently. Solid communication skills are required to timely update management, customers and project personnel on job progress. The Superintendent is the primary field representative and will traditionally oversee field forces and subcontractors working on an allotment of projects as they are capable of handling.
• Review and provide job costing, estimates and budgets for projects. Assist in obtaining necessary outside bids
• Review the job schedule and cost breakdown with the Project Manager at the beginning of each job.
• Meet project schedules and goals and update projects daily. Keep progress schedule current, review schedule status and job costs as set in the company standards.
• Promote good working relationships with insurance agent, property agent and the customer throughout the project.
• Ensure that safety regulations are followed by the company employees and the subcontractors.
• Maintain good housekeeping practices and be sure they are observed by all employees and subcontractors on every job site.
• Comply with federal, state, and local building codes by adhering to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
• Secure job sites to prevent damage, theft and vandalism at the project.
• Communicate a positive image of the company to the entire staff and customers.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Contributes to overall customer satisfaction.
• Able to provide daily customer communication.
• Responds immediately to customer concerns.
• Ability to positively motivate others.
• Promotes themselves in a positive demeanor.
• Convey positive image of the company.
• Cooperation and respect for others.
• Seek information and knowledge on new issues.
• Follow company policies and procedures.
• Develop creative solutions to problems.
• A minimum of 4 years' experience in the field of construction, maintenance, or repair to residential and commercial buildings. A bachelor's degree in Project Management or Construction Management is preferred but any equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Proven Supervisory experience is required
• Knowledge of wood and metal structural carpentry, tools, materials and related work procedures.
• Knowledge of Uniform and Building Codes and Standards.
• Attention to Detail and knowledge of Planning, Power Tools, Conceptual Skills, Supply Management, Basic Safety, Equipment Maintenance, Judgment and Customer Service a must.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Your talents will be rewarded with a salary commensurate with your level of experience along with bonus opportunities. Your employee benefit package includes company car, phone, retirement, paid vacations and holidays.
Blue Island, IL
Wed, 31 May 2017 11:02:09 PDT