Director of Food Safety and Regulatory
Flavorseal is looking for an experienced FOOD SAFETY and REGULATORY DIRECTOR to lead the overall food safety activities of the Company. This position has the primary responsibility of ensuring food safety and food quality by maintaining and making recommendations for improvement to the existing processes that allow us to produce safe quality food products. This position is responsible for customer interaction as related to food quality or food safety issues.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Certifications: Lead the team that will maintain existing certifications acquired by Flavorseal, including SQF Level 3, Kosher, Organic and Gluten Free.
- Lead team in new certification process as needed.
- Training: Train all employees on food safety and sanitation methods and techniques that allow Flavorseal to produce the safest products possible.
- Advisory: Work with sales team, production team and customers when questions arise regarding food safety.
- Regulatory: Be thoroughly versed in the guidelines and requirements regarding food safety, including FSMA.
- Lead a cross functional team in responding to all food safety/food science concerns that arise.
- Audits: Conduct Flavorseal as well as vendor audits.
- MUST have MS in Food Science, Food Engineering, Microbiology or related degree.
- Certified SQF Practitioner.
- Team-oriented personality with excellent communication skills.
- Detail oriented and attentive.
- Proficient in mathematics and scientific principles of food processing.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and adaptable.
- Well developed sense of personal initiative and ability to work with little direct supervision.
At Flavorseal, we package opportunity! Our state-of-the-art food packaging solutions help transform our customer's challenges into opportunities for competitive advantage. We deliver the future of food packaging to our customers through flavor technology, shrink packaging equipment and structures as well as netting. At Flavorseal, our goal is simple. We strive to understand our customer's needs and exceed their expectations. We offer a competitive base salary plus commission along with a comprehensive benefits program. Learn more about Flavorseal at www.flavorseal.com.
Wed, 31 May 2017 08:39:36 PDT