Under general supervision, this entry-level position utilizes specialized knowledge or skills to perform hardware & software support for departments throughout the casino while following applicable laws and Swinomish Casino's internal controls and established policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Planning and installation of new AV equipment throughout the casino;
- Assisting the IT Supervisor with budgeting for all AV needs;
- Garnering an effective understanding of lifecycle methodology in regards to AV equipment;
- Working with facilities to determine power and ancillary needs;
- Working with external and internal customers to determine their needs, setup and/or supervise AV support during events;
- Works with AV companies as needed;
- Maintain, inventory, suggest repair, storage or replacement of equipment;
- Provides technical assistance and training to staff, specifically with A/V equipment;
- Takes photos, researches, edits, compiles and publishes Audio, Video and Slideshows for events as assigned utilizing Apple and PC based computer systems;
- Answers inquiries concerning the use of A/V equipment;
- Investigates, analyzes, resolves hardware/software and communications problems on casino computer systems; performs complex hardware repairs and maintenance on a wide range of pc-based computers and peripherals;
- Provides advanced hardware technical assistance and support; troubleshoots and resolves system hardware, software, and communications failures and conflicts;
- Evaluates existing computer systems hardware, and performs system upgrades; based on user needs, customizes and tests computer systems, and resolves configuration conflicts and errors;
- Installs, integrates, and configures new computer systems and hardware for users;
- Researches, analyzes, and recommends appropriate computer hardware for customized computer configurations;
- Reviews, prioritizes, and processes problem reports; documents the progress of projects;
- Maintains a high level quality of customer service standards in dealing with and responding to questions;
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
A minimum two (2) years IT experience is required. A college degree in networking, information systems, technology, or related field preferred.
Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, write routine reports and correspondence, and speak intelligibly and effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must have strong project management skills and ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must be able to maintain Washington State Class III Gaming License and possess a valid Washington State Driver's License. Must be able to obtain a Genie Lift license upon employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk intelligibly and hear within normal ranges. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb and occasionally work at heights of 25 feet on a Genie lift, balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. This position requires regular, moderate physical activity and handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds; occasionally required to lift and or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to second hand smoke. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
The Swinomish, a community of Coast Salish peoples, are descendants of groups & bands originating in the Skagit and Samish River valleys, the surrounding coastal areas and islands- including Fidalgo, Camano, Whidbey and the San Juan Islands.
Located on the pristine Washington coast, the Swinomish Casino & Lodge is owned and operated by our tribal community. We started as a small bingo operation in 1985. In 1990, we began negotiations for a gaming license and a Compact was signed with the State of Washington in December of 1992. We chose to build the casino next to its acclaimed Bingo Hall. The construction was completed and the Casino opened its doors to the public on July 15, 1994.
Over the years, the company has grown but its philosophy and commitment have always remained the same: to be the friendliest casino in the area with outstanding customer service and to provide guests a luxuriant, state-of-the-art experience while maintaining and upholding the cultural identity of the Swinomish Tribe. Today, we are proud to be one of the leading employers in the Anacortes area.
Swinomish Casino & Lodge is a full-service entertainment destination including a 98 room luxury lodge, 9,000ft2 multipurpose Wa Walton Event Center, and casino featuring Las Vegas style gaming. We have 800 of the latest slot titles, table games including Black Jack, Craps, Roulette, and Keno.
Swinomish Casino and Lodge offers great benefits like Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and Quarterly Incentives.
Wed, 31 May 2017 15:25:48 PDT