Finance Budget Specialist
The Finance Budget Specialist reports directly to the Executive Director of Resource Planning & Analytics. In addition to responsibilities in the CUNY Title Overview, this position is responsible for coordinating budget matters, conducting utilization analysis, administering the CollegeNet Series 25 (Room Management System) and Archibus 17 (Facilities Management System), coordinating space resource modifications, and reporting space resource analytics.
One of the College's greatest strengths, and a necessary element of excellence, is the diversity of our community. We are committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action, and strive to attract and nurture a talented and diverse faculty and staff that proudly reflect the unique character of the local Queens community, the most diverse county in the United States.
The duties of the Finance Budget Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews budget proposals for completeness, accuracy and compliance.
- Creates financial models to monitor and analyze spending.
- Completes budget revisions and adjustments as needed.
- Prepares budget forecasts and ad hoc budget reports.
- Administers the College's instance of the University hosted CollegeNet Series 25 including managing active and new user needs, and coordinating with the University Computing and Information Services (CSI) as needed to resolve system and user issues.
- Maintains new semester R25 system functional requirements, including the creation of cabinets, batch uploading semester events and headcounts, and checking/resolving upload errors in conjunction with the Office of the Register.
- Coordinates with Facilities Planning and the University on modifications to College space resources, and conducts space inventory validations as needed.
- Ensures R25 room inventory, capacity, room features, and other system data elements are in-line with the College Archibus, University Archibus and CUNYfirst systems.
- Maintains the College Archibus system in conjunction with Facility Planning and the University.
- Prepares R25 room utilization reports, conducts X25 space analyses & reports, and makes appropriate recommendations for the improvement of campus space resources.
- Maintains databases and spreadsheets, completes budget audits and identifies discrepancies.
- Serves as a resource, providing information and consultation to internal staff and external service providers.
- Assists with budget development.
- Participates in space and budget related planning and meetings.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
The preferred candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Experience with working with CollegeNet Series 25 and Archibus systems
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency using MS Excel spreadsheet functions to perform complex data analyses (vlookup, pivot tables, sorting)
- PeopleSoft ERP systems experience
- Detail oriented and accurate with strong numerical analysis, evaluation and research skills
- Strong writing, verbal, interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively individually and collaboratively with diverse stakeholders of various organizational levels
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to establish plans, manage a large workload and multiple assignments with conflicting priorities, ability to follow-up and complete assignments, and meet deadlines in a time-sensitive office
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Coordinates budget matters for a program or department under management direction.
- Plans and develops annual budgets under direction; administers allocation and reconciliation of funds
- Prepares budget analyses and produces forecasting projections
- Analyzes spending, income trends and usage to recommend improvements
- Ensures that final, approved budget is adhered to by tracking revenues and expenses; processes budget transfers and adjustments
- Provides fiscal reports and financial statements to management
- Supports supervisor with budget administration to meet department goals and objectives
- May supervise subordinate staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Finance Budget Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must provide a resume and cover letter in order to be considered.
June 30, 2017. Review of resumes to begin June 13, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Queensborough CC
Job Title: Finance Budget Specialist
Job ID: 16823
Full/Part Time: Full-Time