SEEK Program Manager (Queens College)
Reporting directly to the Director of the SEEK program, the SEEK Program Manager will oversee the daily operations within the SEEK Student Centers (Learning & Writing Center) and Computer Lab. In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, duties will include but not be limited to:
- Manages the SEEK Learning Center, SEEK Writing Center and Computer Lab and enhances relationships between faculty, staff and centers
- Develops effective outreach initiatives to ensure adequate utilization of tutoring and lab usage by eligible students in the program
- Spearhead the grant writing process within the department, assuming full responsibility for developing, writing and processing of all grants
- Ensures that all students tutoring needs are met at all academic levels
- Plans curriculum, hiring of staff, scheduling and supervising of Summer/Winter Immersion and Passages Programs
- Facilitates and coordinates student enrichment workshops in collaboration with all areas of the program
- Coordinates assessment and testing with College Academic Skills Department and maintains Assessment testing records for all SEEK students; disseminates assessment information to program administration, faculty, staff and students
- Manage and supervise all staff who provide support in student centers and computer lab
- Recruit and train qualified tutors who can service students in diverse academic areas
- Liaise with certifying agency for certification of student centers and tutors
- Administers and tracks budget for tutoring lab and student centers
- Coordinate re-testing for failing students after providing required post- test treatment
- Assists in advising SEEK Student Leaders
- Generate support services report and progress reports
- Serve as member of the SEEK Committee on Students' Academic Standing to provide input on Students' progress, readmission, disqualification, and probation status
- Serve as member of ad hoc Committees, as instructed by Program Director
Bachelor's degree and six years' related experience required.
- Master's in Education, Administration or related field
- A minimum of three years' experience, teaching or facilitating high school seniors and/ or college students
- Proven grant-writing experience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as part of a team within the department, and in collaboration with program administration and key campus partners
- Strong understanding of the needs and challenges facing students from diverse urban backgrounds
- Demonstrated project management, program budgeting and staff management and leadership, communication, and facilitation skills
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages SEEK academic support program operations. SEEK (Search for Education, Elevation, and Knowledge) is a higher education opportunity program established at the senior CUNY colleges to provide comprehensive academic support to assist capable students who otherwise might not be able to attend college.
- Manages academic services and programs for eligible students
- Assists management with planning, assessment, monitoring, and reporting
- Develops schedules for courses and student support services
- Serves as advocate and representative for SEEK students from admission to graduation
- Manages professional and support staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting on any website other than CUNYfirst, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More options to search for CUNY jobs"
- Search by Job Opening ID number- 16808
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions
Please note that candidates must upload a cover letter describing related qualifications and experience, resume, and the names and contact information of three (3) professional references as ONE DOCUMENT in any of the following formats: .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
**Please use a simple name for the document that you upload, for example, JDoeResume. Documents with long names cannot be parsed by the application system.
July 29, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Queens College
Job Title: SEEK Program Manager (Queens College)
Job ID: 16808
Full/Part Time: Full-Time