Academic Advisor - Accountancy (A1700330)
Department of Accountancy
College of Business
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Reports To: Academic and Program Directors of the BS/MAS Program
Responsibilities: To assist students in matters of Accountancy academic policies and procedures, course selection and schedule planning, and preparation for Accountancy careers. This includes the following duties:
• Provide professional service to a diverse student population
• Provide accurate and timely information when responding to questions posed by prospective and enrolled students, their families, other visitors, administrators and faculty
• Advise undergraduate and graduate students about the policies and procedures of the Department and College
• Advise students about the programs and graduation requirements of the Department
• Interpret and explain the Code on Campus Affairs and Handbook of Policies and Regulations Applying to All Students.
• Explain and illustrate use of the U of I Integrate registration
• Use and interpret the Degree Audit and Reporting System (DARS) reports
• Work effectively with other personnel in the office and campus
• Counsel students in depth about post-graduate study options
• Assist with special events, including convocation, town meetings, Department advising sessions and open houses
- Bachelor's degree required, master's degree preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer proficiency
- Knowledge of Department of Accountancy programs preferred
Rank, Salary and Beginning Date of Employment:
This full-time position is that of an Academic Professional employee without tenure. Service is required on a 12-month basis. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Anticipated starting date is as soon as possible after the offer is made. In order to ensure full consideration, applications must be received by June 21, 2017.
For full consideration, please create your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your required documents, including cover letter, resume and 3 professional references. Interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after closing date.
For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact: (Lynn Rubarts, 217-244-5464 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Business
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Academic Advisor - Accountancy (A1700330)
Open Date: 05/31/2017
Close Date: 06/21/2017
Organization Name: Accountancy