Medical Assistant Program
About Greenfield Community College:
Greenfield Community College (GCC) is located in the beautiful and historic Pioneer Valley of western Massachusetts, between the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains and the fertile farmland of the Connecticut River watershed. GCC is a public community college of approximately 2,100 students. Known for the caring and supportive attitude of the faculty and staff, and for the broad support it enjoys from the surrounding community, the college is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. In addition to a strong Liberal Arts focus, the College offers a wide variety of innovative and successful programs including Gender and Women's Studies, Fine Arts, Nursing, Renewable Energy, and Outdoor Leadership, as well as varied learning environments, from traditional classrooms, to distance learning, peer tutoring, one-on-one faculty-student advising, workforce development, and learning communities that cater to specific needs and interests. Close to fifty percent of Greenfield Community College students transfer to four-year colleges, and it is Smith College's largest source of community college transfer students. Much of the College has just undergone a multi-million dollar renovation that sets the stage for future developments in learning. Greenfield Community College actively encourages and provides opportunities for leadership and professional development.
Category: Potential Adjunct Faculty
Department: Health Careers/Business
Posted: Jul 12, '13
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Responsibilities: Medical Assistant faculty and/or instructional staff must direct student learning and assess student progress in achieving the requirements of the program in the appropriate learning domains. The faculty must incorporate the cognitive knowledge in performance of the psychomotor and affective competencies required for each of the Medical Assisting academic courses. Faculty must utilize instructional plans, direct and assess student progress in achieving theory and performance requirements of the program. Teaches course(s) in specific discipline. Responsible for instructional preparation and assessment of student performance. Provides assistance to students by appointment. Attends a limited number of faculty meetings.
- Master's degree in specific or related discipline (Medical Assisting preferred)
- Collegiate teaching experience
- Familiarity with educational theory and techniques.
- Current and competent in the MAERB Core Curriculum objectives included in their assigned teaching, as evidenced by education and/ or experience, and have instruction in educational theory and techniques.
- Medical Assisting faculty includes individuals who teach courses specifically designed and unique to the Medical Assisting program.
- Knowledgeable in course content, as evidenced by education and/or experience
- Demonstrated effectiveness in directing and evaluating student learning and laboratory performance.
- Understanding of and commitment to the community college mission
- Successful community college teaching experience
- A demonstrated commitment to promoting domestic diversity and/or global multiculturalism in the curriculum where appropriate.
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position.
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit your credentials online. Create a Greenfield Community College account by clicking on the APPLY NOW tab below. You will be able to upload the following documents, which are required for consideration:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for 3 professional references
See the FAQs for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Already have a Greenfield Community College Employment Account? Login to your account to add documents or update your account.
***Greenfield Community College is proud to value diversity in our community of faculty,staff and students and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
***THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS ACCREDITED BY THE NEW ENGLAND ASSOCIATION OF SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES.