ASSOC DIRECTOR OF ALCOHOL & OTHER DRUG PROGRAMS
Duties: Working toward the mission of the Office of Alcohol and Other Drug Program Initiatives, which is to reduce the risk of alcohol and other drug use within the Penn student community and to provide support to individuals experiencing negative consequences related to alcohol or other drug use, the primary responsibilities of the Associate Director include the following:
* Implementation of brief counseling interventions for individual students struggling with negative consequences of alcohol and/or other drug use. The program is rooted in the BASICS (Brief Alcohol Screening and Intervention for College Students) model, which utilizes harm reduction and motivational interviewing to assist students in making changes
* Consultation and referral to other support resources or a higher level of care
* Implementation of alcohol and other drug abuse prevention and education programming and student leader trainings
* Fostering and developing working collaborations with campus partners to ensure that students receive comprehensive services and to increase sensitivity and awareness around issues relating to alcohol and other drugs; specifically, the impact on students mental, physical and academic well-being
* Contributing to task force and working group efforts that focus on student wellness to ensure a comprehensive perspective of AOD-related issues
* Contributing to campus harm-reduction efforts during large-scale events
Qualifications: Applicants will need a Master's Degree in either social work, counseling, higher education or other related field. Two or three years of experience in counseling or similar field is preferred. Preferred experience with BASICS or brief intervention with young adult populations, and a working knowledge of harm reduction, motivational interviewing and alcohol/other drug education is necessary. Group experience is preferred. A cover letter and resume must be included with your application in order to receive consideration.
Reference Number: 85-25991
Salary Grade: 026
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Health Education
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: B-Executive/Managerial Administration