Fleet Service Coordinator
Working Title: Fleet Service Coordinator
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Facilities Management Department
Posting Date: 05-31-2017
Facilities Management (FM) supports the University of Virginia's wide range of research, academic and patient care programs. With over 1,200 employees dedicated to excellence, Facilities Management is responsible for the day-to-day operation, repair and maintenance of U.Va.'s buildings, infrastructure and grounds as well as other University-owned and leased properties.
The Fleet Service Coordinator is responsible for technical and routine administrative work, coordinating the servicing, maintenance, and repair of automotive equipment. The Fleet Service Coordinator will also handle commissioning and decommissioning of the University's automotive equipment. The incumbent efficiently compiles data for records and statistical information pertaining to the fleet.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Assists in the assignment of tasks to service Facilities Management vehicles for repair and maintenance.
2. Facilitates routine vehicle preventative maintenance.
3. Coordinates the repairs performed through private vendors.
4. Exceptional communication skills and attention to detail.
5. Prepares and maintains vehicle related data.6. Prepares computer data input and generates reports, as requested.
7 . Demonstrates extensive experience with data and Excel programs.
8. Monitors expenditures and payments for maintenance and sales.
9. Capable of working independently and prioritizing tasks in order to meet the needs of the unit and it's customers.
10. Ability to conduct safety assessments.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82002