Working Title: Research Scientist
Position Type: Professional Research Staff
Department: Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Posting Date: 05-31-2017
The University of Virginia, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, School of Engineering and Applied Science, is seeking a highly motivated applicant to join the Center for Applied Biomechanics as a Research Scientist.
Responsibilities will include a combination of computational analyses and experimental investigations in automobile safety, vehicle crashworthiness, and in injury, musculoskeletal, and orthopaedic biomechanics
Duties will include supporting team efforts to apply for and obtain competitive research funding support, academic publishing in peer-reviewed conferences and journals, and collaboration with academic, industrial, and government research partners.
Qualified Candidates will have:
* PhD in mechanical or a related engineering discipline
* Demonstrated ability in finite element modeling, particularly with the LS-Dyna solver
* Experience in crash/impact simulations and the development of vehicle, dummy, and human body models, including the Global Human Body Models Consortium (GHBMC) and the Total Human Model for Safety (THUMS) models;
* Experience in laser scanning and medical image segmentation to obtain 3-d geometries, and the use of HyperMesh or similar software to mesh these geometries for use in finite element modeling
* Expertise in the field of automobile safety injury biomechanics
* A demonstrated record of academic publishing and conference presentations; and
* Superior oral and written communication skills.
To apply, visit http://jobs.virginia.edu and search for posting number 0621064. Complete a Candidate Profile online, attach a Cover Letter, CV/Resume, and Contact Information for 3 references (names, email addresses and phone numbers).
For additional information about the position, please contact Prof. Jason Kerrigan at email@example.com.
The position will remain open until filled.
The University of Virginia is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82003