System Administrator - RedHat
We are seeking a RedHat System Administrator to join our team at Fort Carson, CO. You will handle various projects to support the network systems for the U.S. Army.
• Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
• Troubleshoots and resolves system hardware, software and communications problems; creates shell programs and utility scripts; performs configurations and adjustments to enhance database file capacity; performs automated and manual backup and restore processes.
• Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
• Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational standards.
• Hands-on experience with Solaris and Linux builds, configurations and ongoing support.
• Responsible for securing systems according to Department of Defense Information Assurance rules, IAVA Patching, ACAS Scans and STIG guidelines.
• 2-5 years' experience as a Unix System Administrator, Red Hat Enterprise versions 6 and 7 experience, Solaris 10.
• Experience with Red Hat Satellite Server, diagnostics and troubleshooting RHEL environments.
• Experience with Solaris OS, diagnostics and troubleshooting environments.
• Understanding of operating systems, the organizations operating environment, network requirements, and system automation to include Enterprise Linux, enterprise storage.
• Understanding of the organizational security standards for operating configurations, security constraints, and procedures for managing organization software.
• Ability to work with system engineers to engage in joint project planning.
• Perform hardware/software diagnostics.
• Experience in and understanding of production operations, server, storage, network, systems management, discrepancy report (DR), and Business recovery practices.
• Experience and ability to configure TCP/IP, network interfaces and IP security.
• Understanding of UNIX/Linux shell scripting and applications (e.g. DNS, NFS, Apache, etc.).
• Strong problem determination/resolution skills.
• Ability to work effectively in team environment.
• Self-starter that requires minimal supervision and can provide oversight for any assigned projects.
• Thorough knowledge of server and system administration principles
• MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN
• Possess an active Secret US government security clearance or the ability to obtain one
• Security + Certification
• RedHat Certified System Administrator or Solaris Certified System Administrator
Veteran Engineering and Technology, LLC (VET) is a premier IT systems, systems engineering, training, and technical management firm specializing in cost effective, high quality and industry leading support services for a broad range of clients.
We are also a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB).
Colorado Springs, CO
Wed, 31 May 2017 14:17:10 PDT