Construction Project Superintendent-LAUSD Construction Project
Project Superintendent for a LAUSD Modernization Project
Immediate opening for a Construction Project Superintendent position in the Los Angeles, CA area. Our company is a well-established general contractor based in Southern California that is listed in ENR's Top 200 General Contractors. The Project Superintendent is responsible for all activities at the construction site, including providing a safe and productive work environment, maintaining schedules, and ensuring projects stays within budgetary limits set forth by the estimate. Candidates must have verifiable work experience as a superintendent, with additional construction experience required. Must understand schedules and be able to complete projects on time and on budget by tracking variances and cost projections. Superintendents must have a proven track record supervising and coordinating all personnel including subcontractors and materials to prevent delays. Candidate selected must be highly motivated.
- Project superintendent for a $5M - $15M DSA modernization at Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD).
- Organizes, coordinates, and supervises the work of the assistant superintendent, field engineers, craft employees, and all subcontractors on construction projects. Acts as an adviser to the owner, design team, and all tradesmen associated with the project.
- Determines work priorities, and coordinates work activities with all necessary parties to ensure that the project remains efficient and on schedule.
- Oversees the terms and conditions of construction contracts.
- Apportions work among employees and subcontractors according to project needs and coordinates work so that it maintains a smooth flow among the various trades.
- Introduces new trades to the projects as the project requires them and collaborates with management of the various trades to ensure the work is carried out in a manner consistent with the project plans and specifications.
- Provides a safe work environment through creating a culture of safety for the project and holding each individual on the project accountable for safe behavior. Regularly holds safety meetings and makes sure that the company's safety policies are being enforced.
- Works as a liaison to the owner and coordinates plans and construction activities with the owner.
- Sources material suppliers for consumables required to construct the project and estimates materials required for specific jobs. Orders materials and coordinates deliveries of materials to coincide with construction progress. Ensures that the materials for construction are on the project site as they are required and are stored in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations. Coordinates materials staging are as between the various trades and monitors material deliveries.
- Maintains inventory and control over the projects tools, materials, equipment, and security.
- Writes and maintains a project's daily record in detail through daily reports. Communicates those reports to the office on a daily basis.
- Holds, at minimum, weekly coordination meetings between all subcontractors who are currently on site and any that will be on site in the near future. Coordinates work flows, safety, environmental concerns, manpower requirements, materials requirements and overall schedule through these meetings.
- Is responsible for the overall project schedule. Writes and maintains short term interval schedules for the use and review of all trades on the project. Included are all phases of work that are current and applicable. Maintains overall project schedule through implementation of the short term interval schedule.
- Is responsible for quality control on the project: holds all works accountable for adherence to the project plans and specifications. Holds pre-installations meetings to review installation procedures for all major materials used and has a thorough understanding of the project specifications and industry standards for installation of all materials to be used. Pre-installation meetings include manufacturers' representatives, required design team members, affect ed subcontractors, and if necessary the owners representative. Assures that the work adheres to the project plans, specifications, codes, and other governmental agencies requirements. Coordinates inspections and insures that testing is being performed per the contract documents.
- Maintains project budget through management of all labor associated with the project. Tracks and monitors the labor force for productivity .
- Manages company and rental equipment for maximum productivity and minimum cost.
- Keeps accurate record of time for employees, accurately codes the time to the tasks completed and reports time to the office in a timely manner.
- Coordinates and facilitates the closeout of the project. Is responsible to assure that all punch list items are completed in a timely manner and that the own er is satisfied with both the quality and timeliness of the project as it is completed.
- Maintains a good relationship with the project manager and works as a team to complete the project.
- Act as a mentor for subordinates and regularly reviews their performance and makes recommendations for improvements and wage adjustments.
Required Skills & Background:
- Experience working as a superintendent on a LAUSD or other DSA project
- Ability to daily supervise a single DSA project of up to $15M
- Substantial experience supervising DSA construction
- Furnish two (2) references with name, phone, email
- At least 12 years of overall superintendent experience in public works construction
- Attention to detail and must be extremely organized
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Flexibility to handle shifting priorities and situations
- OSHA 30 or OSHA 40 Training
The Reed Family of Construction Companies was founded in 1976. In 1996, two newly created Limited Liability Companies, E. E. Reed Construction, L.C. and Zapalac/Reed Construction Company assumed control of all previous E. E. Reed Construction Company operations in Houston and Austin, and on the East Coast. In 2002, the Limited Liability Companies converted to Limited Partnerships, and all new operations since that date are contracted in the Limited Partnerships. Therefore, the combined years are 34. davisREED Construction, Inc. was incorporated as the newest Reed Company in 2002 in order to service the western half of the United States. The Reed companies have consistently been found in the ENR Top 400 companies.
Los Angeles, CA
Wed, 31 May 2017 15:44:26 PDT