Memory Care Director at a Luxury Assisted Living in Whittier,Ca
Oakmont of Whittier is a lovely retirement community located in Whittier, CA is within walking distance of the Quad Shopping Center.
Our Memory Care Director will be responsible for:
Coordination of all resident care, activity programming and staffing of Memory Care services throughout the community, which includes early memory loss and middle to late stage memory loss programs. The Memory Care Director will provide input related to pre-admission assessments and decision-making, reassessments and care plans. They will offer dementia-related expertise to assist the resident and his or her responsible party in maintaining the physical and emotional health of the residents. The Memory Care Director will liaison with hospital personnel, physicians, community organizations (to include the local Alzheimer's Association Chapter) and other health related service agencies to provide services to the residents, support to families and training to staff on an ongoing basis.
Additionally, they will be responsible for the hiring, evaluating, coordinating, motivating, monitoring performance, scheduling and supervising the department staff. They will also make recommendations to the Executive Director with respect to staff evaluations, merit pay increases, reprimands, disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Communicate with community healthcare professionals, including physicians, discharge planners, nurses and state agencies on the care needs of residents as needed.
- Assist the Health Services Director in coordinating incidental medical, dental, vision, hearing and podiatry care for residents and arrange resident escorts as needed.
- Participate in community's resident assessment program in accordance with company policy and state regulations. Provide input to Health Services Director regarding Memory Care resident pre-admission assessments and reassessments.
- Interview potential residents and families and obtain medical records and other requirements as outlined in Title 22 for an admission to the community.
- Observe residents and collect data pertinent to resident care on an ongoing basis.
- Conduct resident interviews and staff observations on a continual basis to alert the Executive Director, responsible party and others of changes in the physical or emotional health of the resident. Provide the Executive Director with information relative to the care staff's ability to meet those needs.
- Complete thorough documentation in resident chart on an ongoing basis according to company policy and state regulations.
- Train and support the care staff in performing tasks related to resident activities. Assume role of Activity Director/Assistant in the event that the Memory Care department does not have one designated.
- Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge in dementia-specific care. Recognize and respond to changes in the dementia care industry and act as Memory Care resource for the residents and their families providing training and support on an ongoing basis.
- Successfully complete company's medication training program. Assist Care Providers and Medication Technicians in the performance of their job requirements and assume their job duties when needed.
- Prepare and maintain an annual budget request for needed supplies, equipment, and staffing requirements.
- Respond to resident concerns and complaints in a professional and caring manner. Elevate issues to your supervisor when appropriate.
- Understand and ensure compliance with all Federal (Title 22) and state regulations concerning the department.
- Participate in daily "Stand-Up" meetings to communicate key issues within the department.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for all staff, residents and guests, following established safety standards. Immediately report all hazardous conditions or equipment safety issues to the Executive Director.
- Demonstrate knowledge of infection control, i.e., adequate hand-washing, blood borne pathogens procedures, universal precautions, etc.
- Use Universal Precautions and follow established policies concerning exposure to blood/body fluids.
- Communicate effectively and display tact and friendliness when dealing with residents, families, visitors, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Support a positive and professional environment in the Community by adhering to guidelines in the employee handbook including dress code, time off requests and employee breaks.
- Maintain all required certifications/licensures and training as required by state law and company policy.
- Demonstrate flexibility in work schedule as evidenced by working holidays, evenings, weekends and additional shifts when necessary to ensure adequate coverage within the department.
- Perform other duties consistent with the position as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age
- Prefer two (2) years' experience working with persons with dementia
- Prefer one (1) year experience supervising and managing employees
- Social Worker background preferred but not required.
- Able to operate a personal computer and be proficient in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Knowledge of and/or ability to learn the theory and practice of assisted living and dementia care
- Able to work with seniors and patiently interact with cognitively impaired individuals
- Able to be flexible, adapt and respond to change, make decisions in stressful situations and prioritize tasks and projects
- Able to process information and apply common sense understanding to follow and carry out written or oral instructions
- Able to read, write and speak the English language and to interact and communicate effectively with employees, supervisors, physicians, health care professionals, residents, and their families
- Able to obtain and maintain valid first aid certification
- Be mobile and able to perform the physical requirements of the job. Good physical health, verified by a health screening, including a chest x-ray or an intradermal test result not more than 6 months prior or seven (7) days after employment
- Health screening required
- Must pass criminal background check
This is a great opportunity if you enjoy working with people of all ages. We are committed to providing our employees with not only a job, but a rewarding career.
We offer a competitive rate of pay for the right person. We offer great benefits for medical, dental, and vision; paid vacation, paid sick time and paid holidays.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring, developing, and promoting team members based on individual ability and job performance.
Oakmont Senior Living is a recognized leader in the Assisted Living and Memory Care Industry, having planned and developed more than 40 retirement communities in the western United States. Our company is dedicated to hearing, understanding and responding to the needs of aging seniors. Our award winning communities and attentive staff ensure that your retirement years will be full of comfort and luxury.
Tue, 23 May 2017 13:33:52 PDT