Hospice Registered Nurse Case Manager
Join the LifeCare family! Work where you are valued and appreciated. Receive respect from your superiors and co-workers as well as the patients you provide care for. Be part of a family owned company in business for over 20 years!
You want to be challenged by your job without being overwhelmed by it. You want to play the key role in helping a patient recover, sometimes against strong odds, and end your day knowing you made a difference! What you want is LifeCare Health Services!
Our mission is to promote life enhancing care by providing healing, providing hope, and preserving dignity for each patient, family member, customer, and employee we serve. Join us!
RN position is responsible for visiting hospice patients (and home health patients as needed) in our service area. Will work in office to case manage hospice census and in field to provide hospice care. Previous Hospice experience required. Will work weekends or after hours as needed to care for hospice patients.
This position is responsible for hospice case management and direct nursing care. The RN is responsible for case managing patients and for the delivery of patient care. This involves the assessment of patient and family needs, and the development, implementation and evaluation of an appropriate plan of hospice care.
- Demonstrates competence in hospice standards of care, pain management and the psychosocial aspects of hospice care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and comfort in dealing with the issues of death and dying.
- Participates in the overall management of each hospice patient assigned.
- Primary Nurse systematically and continuously collects and documents opening and/or revisit assessment data regarding the patient and family needs.
- Identifies and prioritizes health problems based on assessments.
- Develops, implements and evaluates multidisciplinary goal directed intervention plans based on identified needs in collaboration with the attending physician and other health team members.
- Coordinates patient care in a manner which ensures the efficient and effective delivery of appropriate hospice/home care services and community support.
- Assesses the need for home health aide services, establishes the aide activity sheet, supervises and evaluates the aide in the performance of his/her patient care duties.
- Communicates all changes in patient status and/or service needs to the appropriate health team member and ensures appropriate action is taken in a timely manner.
- Facilitates the development and implementation of patient care plans.
- Using a laptop computer, documents all patient care and coordinating activities.
- Practices according to agency and community standards.
- Participates in quality assurance activities as requested.
- Attends required meetings, in-services and/or case conferences/IDG meetings.
- May participate in on-call schedule and holiday schedules as assigned.
- Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting our mission and values and adhering to the corporate code of conduct.
- Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited program of registered nursing and valid Texas RN license required.
- A minimum of 2 year hospice/home health RN care experience required.
- Ability to travel and a valid TX driver's license required.
- Must demonstrate solid interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to functionally utilize a computer keyboard with fluidity.
- Computer skills are required, including but not limited to the ability to navigate on a tablet and a personal computer within a android and a Windows based operating environment; the ability to access and create basic e-mail messages; and the ability to open, edit, and save basic electronic documents if necessary.
- Must demonstrate the ability to learn and utilize new software systems, computer applications and operating environments as necessary.
- Willing to be cross trained in home health and hospice.
- Must work weekends or after hours as needed to provide care to hospice and/or home health patients.
- Participates in the agency's on-call system.
- Supports the organization by adhering to its policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential and supplemental job function satisfactorily.
Education and Experience
- Degree from a state approved school of nursing; one or more years community health nursing experience in Medicare/Medicaid certified hospice and/or home health care agency; background in Hospice desired but not required. Must be R.N. (registered nurse).
Certifications and Licenses
- Must have current valid Texas driver's license.
- Must have valid automobile insurance and reliable transportation or alternate provisions.
- Current licensure with the State of Texas as a Registered Nurse.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification preferred.
- Other certifications as required by agency policy.
- Salary starting $55,000 or more dependant upon previous experience and work history.
- Mileage paid at standard company per mile currently set at $.32 per mile
- Health insurance (BCBS) with three health plans to choose from (employee pays part of cost).
- Dental plan (paid by employer)
- Supplemental insurance from Aflac, life insurance, disability, and vision (available at low cost paid by employee).
- Paid Time Off (available after six months employment).
- Compensation bonus for after hour visits, weekend visits.
- Generous on call pay.
- Flexibility in work scheduling. You take care of your patients and we take care of you!
About this Company
- LifeCare provides Hospice and Home Health services to all of East Texas since 1995.
- View our website for more information: www.lifecare.agency
Equal Opportunity Employer
LifeCare provides Hospice and Home Health services to all of East Texas since 1995. View our website for more information: www.lifecare.agency
Wed, 31 May 2017 07:14:16 PDT